Jul 15, 2008
WALES
Funster No
MH
LOW LINE COACH
Exp
3 Years
Does anyone tow a trike ?.
I am in the process of building a trike witch I intend to tow behind the M H. Is there anyone out there who has done this ?
All advice welcome.
Paul.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
have a look at the ebay page here:

Link Removed

Quote from seller..

The Law regarding this trailing device: This is classed as an unbraked trailer, If your trike and the Trailer-ettes combined is less than 750 KG the Device ways 20kg so this is absolutely legal to use in the EU if your trike weighs less than 730 KG then it is legal.

If the trike has brakes ... does the same trailer law that applies to A frame towing not apply ? ie.. if fitted and irrespective of weight, they must work.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
It probably does need brakes Jim
Looking at that contraption. if thats been developed over time Id hate to see the prototype
It looks like an afternoons work including development and going out to get the parts
I'm sure anyone capable of building a safe working trike could build a much nicer unit with brakes in a day or two
Geo

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
not only the trailer but the trike brakes must work. As sold it is an ambulance used for recovery, limited milage and speed restrictions apply.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
I asked this some months ago and the thread grew really long..... can someone attach a link please... I don't know how you do it.

Something someone said to me over the phone, may have been Brian Evans sorry cannot remember, is that don't forget you will get all the gunge off the road and other vehicles if you just raise the front wheel ... a trailer and cover the trike is better... especially if leather seats etc.:Smile:

I am looking out for a second hand one of those you drive onto and it has a lid.

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
I asked this some months ago and the thread grew really long..... can someone attach a link please... I don't know how you do it.

Something someone said to me over the phone, may have been Brian Evans sorry cannot remember, is that don't forget you will get all the gunge off the road and other vehicles if you just raise the front wheel ... a trailer and cover the trike is better... especially if leather seats etc.:Smile:

I am looking out for a second hand one of those you drive onto and it has a lid.
To help you in your search they are called "Shuttles"

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
.Thanks Geo. sounds better than one of those covered thingies doesn't it...:ROFLMAO: Ta.:thumb: Joy

OP
OP
PFH

PFH

Free Member
Jul 15, 2008
WALES
Funster No
MH
LOW LINE COACH
Exp
3 Years
Quote from seller..

If the trike has brakes ... does the same trailer law that applies to A frame towing not apply ? ie.. if fitted and irrespective of weight, they must work.

Yes the whole outfit will be under 750.KG. when completed. I will also fit Cats whiskers to the M H (spray Flaps) like the ones fitted to coaches. Hopfully this will keep the crud off the trike.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back