sean n maggie

Free Member
Apr 29, 2014
leeds
Funster No
MH
autotrail
Exp
can you Tow a car that has a dualogic gear box system ? need a bigger car now than the smart for two , so trying to find what automatics / semi autos i can Tow..Must be auto or semi auto due to health issue....

Apr 21, 2009
East Cowes, PO32 6RU
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
Caravan since 1970, motorhome or RV since 1999 then back to a caravan in 2017.
We tow a Smart ForFour and find it excellent as it is large enough to use as the family car when we are home.

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
can you Tow a car that has a dualogic gear box system ? need a bigger car now than the smart for two , so trying to find what automatics / semi autos i can Tow..Must be auto or semi auto due to health issue....

There is an American Site which gives all the "Auto`s" that can be "flat towed". some of which are available in Europe, eg Honda`s. Many 4WD Auto`s can be towed if the Transfer box can be put into Neutral. I was told the Toyota Yarris can be flat towed too?. Although Toyota dont advise it, but then neither do "Smart"!

I would suspect that some of the "Semi Auto"s like the Vauxhall Corsa, can be towed. I have seen one behind a Motorhome.

The issue goes back to the "Fluid Flywheel" (Torque Converter), which will run out the bearings if the Lubrication pump is not running. Years back you could get an "electric" pump which could be plumbed in to run the Drive train Oil, allowing towing. The Yanks also had a "Dog" Clutch device which fitted in to disengage the Prop shaft!.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back