Tow bar mounted bike rack is low as standard (1 Viewer)

Ian.s

Free Member
Jan 18, 2016
Oban
Funster No
MH
Rs Endeavour
Exp
Since 1991
My MH is on the low Alko low chassis. Already a slight issue with ferries etc. I want to put two bikes on a tow bar mounted rack but need one thats sits as high as possible. Ive already ordered a goose neck tow bar that will raise it two inches and even enquired about air but a little pricey as its not really needed as the ride is already very good. Does anybody know of a rack that sits higher that the tow bar when attached. A rear mounted rack isn't an option on this MH

May 14, 2021
East Yorkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
ADRIA Twin 640SLB
Exp
Since 2012
Sorry but I cannot recall the make now, possibly a Pendleton, but that rack had 2 arms that fitted into a block on the tow ball flange & it meant the arms to carry the bikes were quite high, higher than the ball I seem to recall, if this is any help

Found it but in a newer version. PENDLE is the make, my memory cannot be so bad after 30 years since I bought minešŸ˜œ

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Ian.s

Ian.s

Free Member
Jan 18, 2016
Oban
Funster No
MH
Rs Endeavour
Exp
Since 1991
Sorry but I cannot recall the make now, possibly a Pendleton, but that rack had 2 arms that fitted into a block on the tow ball flange & it meant the arms to carry the bikes were quite high, higher than the ball I seem to recall, if this is any help

Found it but in a newer version. PENDLE is the make, my memory cannot be so bad after 30 years since I bought minešŸ˜œ,

Found it but in a newer version. PENDLE is the make, my memory cannot be so bad after 30 years since I bought minešŸ˜œ
Thanks for the info. it could be just the thing,

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Sep 10, 2020
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Autograph 69-2
Exp
Moved over to the Dark Side after 16 yrs tugging.
I had a Pendle rack some years ago but it needed a standard tow ball and a flange plate with the two bolts and it fitted horizontally. But if you have already fitted a swan kneck towball the I think the options may be more limited as most carriers seem to fit horizontally clamped, like the Thule ones. It is possible to get one that fits into a clamp that needs bolting onto the towball itself but isn't easily removed. Pendle Bike Racks do one as do Thule
Pendle:
1626203535568.png
and Thule :
1626203676042.png

I currently use a Witter carrier for two electric bikes. It too needs a flange plate with two bolts. ( And have my son's Witter carrier for sale as well if anyone is interested) ,

1626203709644.png

But please be aware that these are designed for cars and they may need a strap that attaches to the top of the boot lid and pulls the top the the rack back towards the car to stabilise it. This may not be possible to fit on a MoHo.

Upvote 0
Dec 28, 2017
Loughborough
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
Our motorhome has long overhanging, we use an Atera tow bar mounted bike rack not had a problem up to now.We have bottomed out on ferry ramps a few times but the bottom of the tow bar saves any damage to back of van or the bike rack.

Upvote 0
Oct 9, 2017
Wisbech
Funster No
MH
2007 Hymer B654
Exp
Since 2005
I have a Pendle tow ball rack (similar to the orange one above) which Iā€™m about to advertise for sale. It comes complete with the Pendle number/lighting plate - for use when the bikes obstruct the number plate/lights. All in very good condition as little used and stored in loft for some years. I had put it to one side for a Fun member but he has, today, informed me that he has now got a toad.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Ian.s

Ian.s

Free Member
Jan 18, 2016
Oban
Funster No
MH
Rs Endeavour
Exp
Since 1991
I have a Pendle tow ball rack (similar to the orange one above) which Iā€™m about to advertise for sale. It comes complete with the Pendle number/lighting plate - for use when the bikes obstruct the number plate/lights. All in very good condition as little used and stored in loft for some years. I had put it to one side for a Fun member but he has, today, informed me that he has now got a toad.
Thank you for the info

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back