Jan 18, 2019
Cuesta Blanca, Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exis
Exp
Since 2010
Kerrrrr-Ching !!

€30 fine for this infringement in Aljezur this morning.
IMG_20200213_090644.jpg

romany

Free Member
Jul 3, 2018
Oxfordshire
Funster No
MH
Wildax aurura xl
Exp
since 2014 camping since1968
You choose to pay it by not checking if you could park/overnight as others have said a couple of free aires close by

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Nigel Crompton
Jan 18, 2019
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exis
Exp
Since 2010
I wasn't parked overnight.
I parked to shop.
Fined for (being a tourist) parking facing oncoming traffic and "causing an obstruction". Didn't cross a white line so I thought it ok.

Just came thro' Monchique up a long one way street with cars parked all along it - including one facing the wrong way!

Nearly suggested to GNR that if they went to Lagos they could make a fortune applying this rule....

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
So nothing to do with being a tourist.
Nothing to do with being taxed.
Just a fairly reasonable fine for breaking the traffic regulations.
Would have thought parking in the opposite way to all the other parked vehicles might be a clue.

But I'd probably not have noticed either.

OP
OP
Nigel Crompton
Jan 18, 2019
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exis
Exp
Since 2010
I parked that side because that's where all the other parked vehicles were (and my panels were in the sun).
5 minutes driving around Lagos you'd see a hundred vehicles parked facing oncoming traffic. And on the pavement ...
I'm not complaing about the fine, more about the way the rules are applied.

And, coming up to Monchique twisty-bendy bit with a 40kph limit was passed on a solid white line by a logging artic approaching a blind bend he was doing 60-70kph. Pisses me off, that I try to obey the rules (that I'm aware of) and others blatantly, dangerously, ignore them ....

Rosemary1

Free Member
Jan 23, 2016
Dumfries and Galloway
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
1 year
I wasn't parked overnight.
I parked to shop.
Fined for (being a tourist) parking facing oncoming traffic and "causing an obstruction". Didn't cross a white line so I thought it ok.

Just came thro' Monchique up a long one way street with cars parked all along it - including one facing the wrong way!

Nearly suggested to GNR that if they went to Lagos they could make a fortune applying this rule....
I would of parked on that side too as if on the other side it would of caused an obstruction! Was the other vehicle given notice as well?

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Although technically illegal I think it was a bit harsh, you certainly weren't causing an obstruction. I bet the locals don't get nicked for it.

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
Here’s lies the problem.

Drivers over here are so lax with the direction they park no one bothers about direction when abroad.

It’s still an offence to park in the wrong direction over here when poor visibility and night time.

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
I parked that side because that's where all the other parked vehicles were (and my panels were in the sun).
5 minutes driving around Lagos you'd see a hundred vehicles parked facing oncoming traffic. And on the pavement ...
I'm not complaing about the fine, more about the way the rules are applied.

And, coming up to Monchique twisty-bendy bit with a 40kph limit was passed on a solid white line by a logging artic approaching a blind bend he was doing 60-70kph. Pisses me off, that I try to obey the rules (that I'm aware of) and others blatantly, dangerously, ignore them ....
It's also because they think if you can afford a MH you can afford 30 euro fine. A minor infringement yes, but still an infringement of possibly a local bylaw.
Edit
Plus your not a local.

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
A fine for parking on the wrong side of the road seems reasonable, though a bit harsh, if the local regulations list it as an infringement. Whether other cars were parked wrongly is of no significance. You don’t know if they have tickets or are about to get tickets when the local police see them.
Of course, they may just have deemed a large vehicle parked incorrectly was more liable to cause an obstruction than a car and more obviously parked the wrong way round.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back