Touring the UK? - you deserve a medal ! (1 Viewer)

Cheshirecat57

Free Member
Feb 3, 2018
Mid Cheshire
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years on and off
‘without problems, ‘ha,ha,ha,ha,ha.
No, I’ve not gone quiet, just catching up with the boring domestic stuff in traffic choked uk before another liberating European adventure....just saying, lol.
“Without problems” were @Barclaybasher words not mine. I was quoting him. Let us know when you go abroad so that There is a bit more soace in beautiful Leicestershire for me :D

Lot lover

Free Member
May 13, 2016
Lot, France
Funster No
MH
Le Voyageur Integral
Exp
New boy
Notice how all the “ isnt-going-to-France-the-best-sodding-thing-in-the-world” brigade have gone chunnel-mute this week with Zero comments on this thread since Tuesday

The sensible ones don't need to go to France, they already live there.

didnt realise it was a competicion to state the bloody obvious.

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
The sensible ones don't need to go to France, they already live there.
its a shame really that folk that arent happy with living in uk seem to have stopped going to live in australia ,or canada etc etc . many have gone to live in europe and it should be encouraged .
now is the time . they should sell up here etc and get over there and be happy.
maybe we should have another mayflower ship and let loads go and move to america or somewhere they will be happy .

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
I don't understand the animosity, it's not a competition is it?

I'm now sixty and have spent many happy holidays in Spain & France... lots of things to love.

Now, I've chosen to explore my home nation as it's a blank page to me.
So far, I've not found it to be overly congested, nor expensive. I do "plan" my destinations, depending on what I want to see or do, but not the routes. That's what the Sat nav is for.

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Today so far and it is only 10am, now enjoying a nice full English at Woburn Sands. We left home around 7.30 got some fuel then hopped into the M1 north. Stopped off for a coffee at Toddington services then up through Woburn serfary park a fantastic drive through the grounds and had a chat with some monkeys before anyone is about, you get to see all sorts with some fabulous scenery to boot.
Very little traffic what a fantastic country we live in. (y)

OP
OP
Barclaybasher
Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011
Woburn serfary park a fantastic drive through the grounds and had a chat with some monkeys before anyone is about

Family visit Mr B ?......................:whistle:;)

Deleted User
Notice how all the “ isnt-going-to-France-the-best-sodding-thing-in-the-world” brigade have gone chunnel-mute this week with Zero comments on this thread since Tuesday

Just saying

When I have nothing sensible to add to a discussion I find it wise to shut up:)

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
its a shame really that folk that arent happy with living in uk seem to have stopped going to live in australia ,or canada etc etc . many have gone to live in europe and it should be encouraged .
now is the time . they should sell up here etc and get over there and be happy.
maybe we should have another mayflower ship and let loads go and move to america or somewhere they will be happy .
I'd be up for that ....

Problem is the buggers are trying to make it harder to escape with things like B exit

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
I'd be up for that ....

Problem is the buggers are trying to make it harder to escape with things like B exit
its not hard at the moment . might be later so best those that want to had best hurry up and leave .
its the ones that want to stay in the eu that are making it hard .
i have travelled all over europe and lots of africa etc but i can say i do like coming back to uk.
i always thought my parents would live abroad , but they said its nice to come back.
when i was married we nearly bought in brittany . but got messed around by a british buyer here in uk.
now i look back and think i,m glad i didnt move abroad .
i still like traveling but for living uk is great. lots nice scenery and l dont find the roads a problem. driven artics all over uk and abroad . still do with my little version .
i find where i live very friendly and have no wish to live elsewhere .

Last edited:

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
In Spain, you must be joking!

Playa Tropicana.....high season from €51.50 to €63.50 for 2 people with electric depending on size of pitch.

Camping Kims.......€53
Yes and I can pick a couple that's expensive,but the UK is all of them,and in £ not €,and you get less there for your money

Deleted User
Yes and I can pick a couple that's expensive,but the UK is all of them,and in £ not €,and you get less there for your money

Find me a couple that are cheaper than the typical £30/35 in the UK, somewhere popular in Spain.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting

Just saying
it's the UK end that's****rd:LOL:

Not a competition Mr Prickly, just saying that its gone quiet on the GB bashing front since the French farmers disrupted the bore de france and the chunnel melted.....
Use a ferry. ET thinks " United Kingdom " is a nationality?
they should sell up here etc and get over there and be happy.ld
I'm over there and not happy? Then again I'm not happy any where.

So far, I've not found it to be overly congested, nor expensive. I do "plan" my destinations, depending on what I want to see or d
but you don't appear to be doing it in the south, southeast ,southwest , London ,daily?

Today so far and it is only 10am, now enjoying a nice full English at Woburn Sands. We left home around 7.30 got some fuel then hopped into the M1 north. Stopped off for a coffee at Toddington services then up through Woburn serfary park a fantastic drive through the grounds and had a chat with some monkeys before anyone is about, you get to see all sorts with some fabulous scenery to boot.
Very little traffic what a fantastic country we live in. (y)
7,30am,northwards and it is raining:D2

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
You would be mental to be on a site in Spain in AUG,,BUSBY.:D2:D2

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
Find me a couple that are cheaper than the typical £30/35 in the UK, somewhere popular in Spain.
I have neither the time or can be bothered,going into a debate with you.I gave better things to do thank

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
It's quite,till September,then they are back, frigging funsters everywhere

BreweryDave

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2011
Alvor, Algarve
Funster No
MH
None now!
Exp
It's quite,till September,then they are back, frigging funsters everywhere
How true, I’ll be back to Spain in September ! ( when it’s cheaper:boxing:)
But as for Portugal, on the Algarve, on aires with facilities, some with a pool, the average price is around €7 pn inc. and all are half empty ( or half full!)
beat that U.K. :moon2:

Last edited:
Jul 24, 2014
North cotswolds
Funster No
MH
Peugeot Boxer Symbol Auto
Exp
since 2010
I appreciate that England is cramped, but can the scenery abroad beat Cumbria, the dales, Somerset, Dartmoor, the lakes, Exmoor, and the Cotswolds.
My mother went on safaris, I went to Longleat, she went to Niagra falls, I went to Cumbria, and when she died we looked at all the adventures she'd been on through her numerous photos, slides, and movie films.
Expense is a big issue, as is traffic, but I'm staying here, who needs the added stress of ports, tunnels and other numerous rules of other countries not to mention language's. I'm a dinosaur!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back