Sep 6, 2008
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 286
Exp
around 26 years
Good morning

We are starting to plan ahead and this year we have chosen the Westeross area of the Highlands. We based in Bunree and did the Fort William, Lochness, Skye etc etc etc last year and loved it so much, we need to go back. We would like to base ourselves in one area for the two and a half weeks Mid August we plan to be up there as this suits us better, (too much to see and don't want to rush around and regret missing something). Can anyone recommend a site we can adopt for these two weeks, I have found the CC site at lochewe which looks nice but was wondering if there were any others we could investigate.

The Morvich site we thought was a bit too far south so lots of unnecessary driving and the Sands camping site looks a bit chaotic.

We would like electric hookup, toilet/shower facilities, nice views or area, quietish/organised or adult only even (long shot this one though), wild camping is not for us at the moment.

So over to you knowledgeable people if you don't mind.

T

normanandsue

Free Member
Dec 31, 2010
Dunfermline - Scotland
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Since 2007
If you are wanting to see a lot of the loch ewe area I would seriously consider not basing yourself in one area for 2 weeks as you will spend a lot of time going and returning each day. The roads in this area are not wide and at the height of the season will be busy. Might I suggest as you have a motorhome rather than a caravan you only base yourself in one place for a night or two and then drive to a place of interest and stay another couple of nights before moving on.

In that area there a quite a few local campsites but if not try a night off site particularly if a place catches your eye. This way you can cover more area, see more and reduce your fuel costs.

Tom'n'Gill

Free Member
Jan 3, 2016
Bolton
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Some experience.
http://www.ardmair.com/
Apart from being adults only would think it fills most of your wish list.
There is a site in town, sample the night-life etc we like that one as well, while some might call it more colourful

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
I'll second the above, the Ardmair site is peaceful, the one in town 'colourful'. When we go up that neck of the woods we rarely stay in the same spot two nights running, there is often only the road in and out, so on we go!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back