Touring south wales (1 Viewer)

Lanerboy

Free Member
Aug 3, 2016
midlands
Funster No
MH
Carthago 4.9 superior
We have decided to put our Germany trip in May on hold till another time.

So have decided to do the south coast of Wales and possibly head up the west coast if we have time.

We have 2 weeks ish leaving around 8th May e tering wales down the M50 motorway so can anyone tell us any must see places we enjoy biking on our electric mountain bikes and will be doing some around the gower peninsula along with other places.

Can anyone also recommend some nice campsites along the way

LB

Nonose

Free Member
Mar 13, 2019
Gloucester.
Funster No
MH
Cl Riviera 121 (Vandora)
Exp
1previous van. Not had one for 3 years.
We have decided to put our Germany trip in May on hold till another time.

So have decided to do the south coast of Wales and possibly head up the west coast if we have time.

We have 2 weeks ish leaving around 8th May e tering wales down the M50 motorway so can anyone tell us any must see places we enjoy biking on our electric mountain bikes and will be doing some around the gower peninsula along with other places.

Can anyone also recommend some nice campsites along the way

LB

I would suggest Rhossili bay on the Gower. I know that you used to be able to park overnight at the carpark adjacent to the hotel. The view across the beach and bay are excellent and the clifftop path is a bit good too. The hotel (can't remember the name of it,) does a tidy breakfast to fuel you up for a full day at Rhossili.

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
1F7B1325-E0CB-44B4-B71F-3199F0328496.png
If you do venture up the west coast, we liked this simple CL (C&MC) on the Pembrokeshire coastal path. Easy walk into Newport. Grassy sloping field though. I see there is a CS nearby if members of CCC

Feb 21, 2016
Uk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2017
Pembrokeshire Coastal Path.........beautiful. Sorry,don’t know any sites.

Jan 22, 2012
Wigan
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun TI 2012
Exp
Barafundle Bay is my favourite beach, park in NT car park and short walk to it.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 10, 2012
worcester
Funster No
MH
Sunliving van
Exp
If you are going down the m50 head across the heads of the valleys road abergavenny to Swansea. Bit slower than the m4 but much more interesting.
If you have time go to the 'big pit' free underground tour of an old mine by Museums Wales.

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
If you are going down the m50 head across the heads of the valleys road abergavenny to Swansea. Bit slower than the m4 but much more interesting.
If you have time go to the 'big pit' free underground tour of an old mine by Museums Wales.
Oh yes this is well worth a visit. There is also the 'ironworks' down the road but if you can only do one make sure it's 'The Big Pit'

Wyn

OP
OP
Lanerboy

Lanerboy

Free Member
Aug 3, 2016
midlands
Funster No
MH
Carthago 4.9 superior
Thanks all some nice places for me to look up there

Keep them coming please (y)

ambulancekidd

Funster
Sep 23, 2014
Ayrshire Scotland
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki 640
Exp
Since 1964 Gosh that makes me feel old.
Monmouth has a pretty town centre, Dana Rogoff caves make a decent attraction if the weather isn't playing ball.
The King Arthur Hotel in Reynoldston Gower does really nice food & Gower is generally a pretty place to visit.
Tenby is nice, parking isn't so good but, its a pretty seaside town if you like seaside towns.
Avoid Carmarthen, its quite a nice wee town but, like a lot of other places vehicles are hated, smashing 20ft wide pavements which are devoid of pedestrians, its crazy.

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
Cwmcuttan Caravan Site
http://www.cwmcuttan.com/
Set within the grounds of this seven and a half acre small holding in Cynghordy, Carmarthenshire is the beautiful Cwmcuttan Caravan Site owned and managed by Eileen and Mark.

While Mark tends to the maintenance of the site, Eileen will take care of your booking and greet you with a smile.

Just a 5 mins walk from Heart of Wales railway line running up to Shrewsbury and the Midlands and down to Swansea with connections to Cardiff and London.

The site is access by a very quiet country road and is surrounded by plenty of wild life, there are many stunning woodland walks nearby and you're never too far from the amenities of the nearby local towns with swimming pool, shops, resturants, pubs & take aways.

A really nice site, were funsters.

Nov 13, 2017
Pembrokeshire, Greece and everywhere in between
Funster No
MH
Bailey Approach 750
Tenby is nice, parking isn't so good but, its a pretty seaside town if you like seaside towns.
Also Saundersfoot. There are lots of good campsites very close to both places.
Don’t even try to enter Tenby town centre in the motor home (unless it’s a PVC), especially during the school holidays when it’s pedestrianised.
The closest you will be able to park is at The Green or the Salterns which are near the CK petrol station and Jewsons (SA70 8AU).

OP
OP
Lanerboy

Lanerboy

Free Member
Aug 3, 2016
midlands
Funster No
MH
Carthago 4.9 superior
Yes tried to get in at wisemans bridge campsite but they are full on the days we expect to be in that area

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back