Free Member
Jun 21, 2014
Dunfermline fife scotland
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
MH Since 2008, ex tugger and vw campers since 1992
Just back from a weekend wilding in the ayrshire/galloway/dumfrieshire/ area weather not bad at all

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
Never been there before so whats the best part to visit ?:(

We're in Skyreburn, (just off the A75) just 2 miles from Gatehouse of Fleet, which is a pretty little town. Kirkcudbright is well worth a visit and is about 15 minutes away from us, there is more to see in Kirkcudbright (pronounced Kir - coo - bray)(y) There is a nice little CL along fro us (Newton Farm), the nearby Mossyard beach is accessible from it, might be worth a stop-over there if you can get in. Let me know if you want the phone number, but it's in the CC book if you're a member.

There are a few little coffee shops that do lunches, some nice little shops, the ancient McLelland castle ruins and you can have a nice walk along the harbour as well.
I can't forget to give Castle Douglas a mention as well, it's a favourite of mine, lots more to see and do, there is a caravan site right next to the Carlingwark Loch that is very popular, it's right on the loch and on a very nice spot. Castle Douglas is about 15 minutes drive along the A75 from us and that's usually where we go for our main food shop (there's a Tesco and a large C0-op), plenty of small private food shops as well. In fact Castle Douglas is the "Food Town", there is a small local brewery that is open for visits etc......Sulwath Brewery, on King Street, plus loads of little individual shops. There is also a Wilkinsons off the main street next to the Co-op.

Heading along towards Newton Stewart (westwards) on the A75, there is a place called Kirroughtree, there is a gift shop and coffee/snacks shop there, with plenty parking down the track. Further up from there, you can stop and watch out for the wild goats and then a bit further up that road there is a big car park within the forest where you can walk up and see the deer which are well worth a look(y)

Send me a PM for any other information you need, the weather is great again today.......just hope it lasts a bit longer for all you Funsters who are coming along the A75.

Margaret:)

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
Ah that would make sense

My partner would never leave it alone she's animal daft

We have 2 1/2 cats .....I'd love a dog but work 12 hour shifts so wouldn't be fair

How can you have two and a half cats?:D

Margaret

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

tambo

Free Member
Jun 21, 2014
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
How can you have two and a half cats?:D

Margaret

Well I've got 2 that are brothers that I've had a couple of years now but I adopted a stray a few weeks ago ....but it has only been in the house twice in 2-3 weeks lol so i don't class it as mine yet as I think it has quite a few homes

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
It's been another gorgeous day here with us in Skyreburn........hope we don't run out of good weather for other funsters coming next week(y)

Daveg

Free Member
Sep 2, 2012
Perthshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
November 2012
Hear hear.

I am English by the way and I'm not bothered.

Bobby22

Free Member
Dec 15, 2013
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Rapido 680ff
Exp
since 2013
Just had a night wild camping near Lochinver now at Ullapool, overcast but warm
Lad and lassies, how does the alcohol thing go, if your having one or two or a few while wild camping? I am hoping to get up north in a few weeks time but would like a beer now and then.
Is it a good idea to drink while wild camping?

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Lad and lassies, how does the alcohol thing go, if your having one or two or a few while wild camping? I am hoping to get up north in a few weeks time but would like a beer now and then.
I think you need to be sensible here. Don't go attracting attention to yourself. Close your blinds/curtains etc, maybe get into your pjs, that way in the rare event should any pc come knocking it shows you are parked up for the night...Though I don't think this would stand in court if push came to shove.

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
If you happen to be driving up the M73 on your travels your welcome to park on my drive for a night. Train into Glasgow takes 20mins

Bobby22

Free Member
Dec 15, 2013
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Rapido 680ff
Exp
since 2013
If you happen to be driving up the M73 on your travels your welcome to park on my drive for a night. Train into Glasgow takes 20mins
I live in Paisley..........but thankyou all the same(n)(n)(n)

tambo

Free Member
Jun 21, 2014
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
There's a referendum?
:LOL:

Whilst not getting plastered I usually have 2 or 3 ciders or a bottle of red whilst I'm wildcamping .......as yet I've never had a problem but then I do tend to.pick a spot well off the main roads etc and to any police it would be obvious im camped

Ie bbq lit , awning out , steering wheel removed , seats turned deckchairs out etc

In fact on more than 1 occasion I've had local police stop for a blether and a burger lol

Bobby22

Free Member
Dec 15, 2013
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Rapido 680ff
Exp
since 2013
Thanks, when i'm out and about i would have a couple watching the world go by, i fancy a bit of wild camping and wouldn't mind a pint or two but would be very reluctant if i was leaving my self open to falling foul of the law.

tambo

Free Member
Jun 21, 2014
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
Thanks, when i'm out and about i would have a couple watching the world go by, i fancy a bit of wild camping and wouldn't mind a pint or two but would be very reluctant if i was leaving my self open to falling foul of the law.
If you pick.your spots wisely and make no mess etc then the law isn't interested in you

sean n maggie

Free Member
Apr 29, 2014
leeds
Funster No
MH
autotrail
Exp
Ullapool today for a few days,,,,any funsters there ?:)

sean n maggie

Free Member
Apr 29, 2014
leeds
Funster No
MH
autotrail
Exp
Weather was brilliant here in Ullapool yesterday fingers crossed for the same today,,,,

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back