Touring Italy and Greece (1 Viewer)

Apr 25, 2014
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Overhead cab
Exp
8 years
We have just come back from a fantastic tour of Austria, Slovenia, Croatia and Italy and were talking about next year and how to possibly beat what has been our best trip ever.

We were wondering about Southern Italy and then Greece. One idea is to see Lecce, Alberobello, Matera, etc and then get the ferry, possibly from Brindisi to Igoumenitsa, and then tour Greece, which will be our first time.

Any suggestions welcome.

Aug 29, 2010
Nuneaton. Only when I have to.
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis t564
Exp
Since Sept 2010
Surprised you had no response to this. Plenty of Greece experts on Fun. We too have just had a fantastic autumn in southern Germany and Austria....possibly among our finest trips and Slovenia and Croatia are great, too. We have long intended to do a long Spring to Summer tour of Greece, so hope there might be some answers eventually. Mind you, there are plenty of other threads about Greece.

Nov 17, 2012
WEST SUSSEX
Funster No
MH
HYMER B SL 674
Exp
SINCE 2005
Lecce, mini Florence, is well worth’s visit along with the rest of the heel. Don’t forget Matera of course. Loads of great places in southern Italy - been exploring it for 8 weeks every year for the past 6 years and still more to see.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
We've done this a couple of times and will be doing it again next Spring. I will try to answer any specific questions, however the one thing I would definitely recommend is 'Camping on Board' with Anek/Superfast. This means that you can stay in your van but also make use of the on board restaurants/bars and have access from the car deck to toilets and showers. Don't confuse this with Minoan Ferries offer of camping on board - they specify that you have to have a cabin. I think this is because they don't have open decks on their boats.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back