touring in turkey (1 Viewer)

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
here in turkey at present. not in mh. there doesnt appear to be many sites here and we have only seen one wild camp with three vans. has anyone been motorhoming in turkey?

sent via kindle

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
yes done it a few times . can get too cold though. quite a few usually drop down into syria the on to jordan and egypt. i guess a few have been put off with the internal troubles there. not turkey. so whats the weather like at the moment nd where abouts are you. think it may still be abit early for the winter travellers many use xmas as the time to be there . or just before. have a good time.

beachcaster

Free Member
Dec 18, 2010
east sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
a few years
Well done for posting on the Kindle

Did you drive there ? Or are you on hols?

hope the weather is good......enjoy Turkey

barry:Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
If he reads this I'm sure Don Madge will reply to you.
Don has been to Turkey many times and often posts information on his travels.
Try a personal message to him I'm sure he can provide more information than anybody.

mgroadster

Free Member
Nov 26, 2011
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
I have travelled extensively through Turkey, and it is not a country that has plenty of sites, however there are plenty of places you can pull in unhindered.
Many many Turks who live in Istanbul or Europe normally travel to Turkey for the summer holidays and have holiday homes on Co-operatives, and the price of a campervan/caravan/motorhome is prohibitive.
Also it would be not worthwhile opening a caravan site in Turkey, as there is not enough business to sustain one.

OP
OP
Reallyretired
Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
yes done it a few times . can get too cold though. quite a few usually drop down into syria the on to jordan and egypt. i guess a few have been put off with the internal troubles there. not turkey. so whats the weather like at the moment nd where abouts are you. think it may still be abit early for the winter travellers many use xmas as the time to be there . or just before. have a good time.

in cappodocia weather is sunny but below freezing all day. off to ankara tomorrow.

mgroadster

Free Member
Nov 26, 2011
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
The Black sea coast is very cold at this time of year. Drive overnight and tomorrow morning you can be on the Aegean or Med coast. However, there can be very violent and long thunderstorms down there at this time of year. I've been there and a storm started at 2 am and ended circa 1 to 2 pm.(You can also have some absolutely fantastic weather).
Campsites are virtually non existent, but wild camping is ok.

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
hi , the storms are a sight to see the excitement as the thunder rolls and the lightning is terrific. we were in a tent and m,bikes one yeasr but wouldnt have missed it. but decided turkey is definately too cold in winter.
i am a sun addict. even tunisia is too cold . morocco is the only place easy to drive to.
but lets hope libya gets sorted . could be the new spain if all goes well.

JaG

Oct 30, 2008
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2008
We have an apartment in SIDE, Turkey.
Wow, can it rain. We were sat on our balcony one lovely October afternoon. Suddenly the sky went dark and in 5 minutes this is what the roads looked like in front of our apartment.
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxWSw6Q6tIA[/ame]

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back