Touring europe (1 Viewer)

Jan 31, 2016
Halifax
Funster No
MH
A Class Rapido 9097F
Exp
June 2016
Planning to go through France to Switzerland and possibly Italy next August for a few weeks.

Can anyone recommend books/apps that would be useful for campsites and aires.

Been looking at acsi, camperstop, camper contact etc. Confused as to which is best as could spend a lot of money for sake of it.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
ACSI and CamperContact are all I use. There are others and no doubt all have their merits but it isn't necessary to over complicate things and leaving room for a bit of discovery is no bad thing.

Oct 15, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
C Class Laika Ecovip 7R
Exp
As @John Laidler said don't over complicate your choice, it would seem that most of us use ACSI and CamperContact. :xgrin: Although in August you will be paying top prices.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Acsi and Bordatlas for us dumped CamperContact not for us.
Been to Italy many times never needed more.
Be bloody hot and expensive in August.

Jun 16, 2014
NOTTINGHAM
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Savannah
Exp
Almost a Newbie but not quite now.
If going in August ACSI will be of little use as the discounts stop during peak periods.

OP
OP
Jagtazman
Jan 31, 2016
Halifax
Funster No
MH
A Class Rapido 9097F
Exp
June 2016
Acsi and Bordatlas for us dumped CamperContact not for us.
Been to Italy many times never needed more.
Be bloody hot and expensive in August.
Yup but no choice with kids will be looking for plenty of free aires not sure can do all aires depends on facilities

If going in August ACSI will be of little use as the discounts stop during peak periods.
Thanks what I thought my thinking atm is ACSI will be of little use to me.

Apr 10, 2015
Australia
Funster No
MH
Big Marlin ,Elnagh, 1998
Exp
Motorhoming Europe since 2009
I am a fan of camper contact and have the app on the phone as well as the POI on the Autoroute Map. Last trip we used Park4night and we found some great overnight places to stay. That is if you don't stay in campsites. The french site campingcarinfo has free downloads as well. Have tried there app with little success but use the POI on the map on the computer. Dont use books anymore as all the information is now online and the apps are very cheap. One free night and you have paid for the app.

The Nomad

Free Member
Aug 24, 2016
Wandering in Europe
Funster No
MH
Overcab
Exp
Many years
I beg of you try to include some time in Slovenia in your tour. Eu country using yhe euro. We went there this last early autumn and we're utterly blown away by it's beauty, welcome, value for money, scenery; and just about everyone speaks superb English too. In truth we much preferred it to Italy which is next door.

Mar 21, 2010
Funster No
Buy "Camperstop" it's the only "aires" book you will need.

colyboy

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
Yup but no choice with kids will be looking for plenty of free aires not sure can do all aires depends on facilities

Thanks what I thought my thinking atm is ACSI will be of little use to me.
It won't give you discount but still lists sites in any area you might like to visit.

"All the Aires" lists Aire de Camping Car throughout France. We like the hard copy in our hands to help select a suitable one.

If you are a member of the Caravan Club we find their continental site guides useful as the reviews are submitted by members and are not simply promotional material. We normally buy an update about every five years.

The Nomad

Free Member
Aug 24, 2016
Wandering in Europe
Funster No
MH
Overcab
Exp
Many years
Plus one for just buying "Camperstop Europe". We have chugged a lot all overa inland Europe for many years now, perhaps for 4 or 5 months in total each year. We've used all the "usual suspects" but now Camperstop Europe is the only guide we use. Very highly recommended.

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
Searchforsites then download a kml version onto maps.me and you can have the whole lot offline (admittedly with limited information) but enough to work with.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back