fusbill

Free Member
Oct 27, 2011
Warwick
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
We are going to Eire in September and have read on some threads mention of a card that can be purchased from tourist offices that will gain you entry to toilet facilities at places such as harbours and jetties.

Can anyone expand on this please and explain the form in some detail. For example does the card come with a list or is there a list somewhere that it can be used. Does the fact that the cards are available imply that overnight parking is tolerated at the places they can be used. Is there a specific name for the card.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

bill

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
i would assume Smudger would know about this or at least he would be able to tell you where you can and cant wild camp over there

Oct 27, 2007
Near Dartford
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Since 2005
I can only talk for the Donegal Area. Wild camping is certainly tolerated around the coast line. My Mother lives in Greencastle and there are always German and Dutch Motorhomes in the costal car parks. There is also some sort of Motorhome stopover advertised in Greencastle as well.

Malin head car parks also have wild campers in them and I have seen a French Motorhome parked opposite the Church at Moville.

I think as long as you respect the land then you will be OK. However I have started to notice that the dreaded height restriction is starting to be introduced in some car parks.

Sonja

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
fusbill

fusbill

Free Member
Oct 27, 2011
Warwick
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Red Sonja - Thanks. Thought that was the case. Donegal is exactly where we're from Dublin Port northwest to Sligo and on up round the coast probably as far as Malin Head. Then its down a bit to Londonderry and then see where the wheels take us around the North.

Have downloaded a lot of wilding places along the route. Just thought that one of these cards might come in handy.

Thanks for your input.

bill

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back