Sep 25, 2008
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
4 years 2 months
we have a week off end of may , beginning of july
having a touring motorhome we want to tour cornwall stopping on sites not wild camping
sometimes this may just be for a night or two at a time
being as it is half term week for schools do you think this will be possible without booking any sites in advance as this is not proper touring in my eyes
anybody done this without booking in advance
perhaps looking at eden project, perranporth, padstow and maybe st ives
thanks

Edgie

Free Member
Nov 5, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
C Class
Ok, lets start from Lands End and head North...

1/ Layby at Marazion (nr Penzance) overlooking St Michaels Mounts - fabulous and free.(campsite nearby if required)
2/ Hollywell Bay nr Newquay - Trevornick camping is excellent
3/ Pentewen Sands Camping (nr StAustell) right on the beach and nr to Eden
4/ Tintagel Headland camping site, 2 mins from village and King Arthurs castle

Thats what I would do.....

Have a great time down here...

P.s still think you should go to Oostend in Belgium, they have this festival named after you http://www.paulusfeesten.be its a great event...

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
As much as I enjoy just driving around and finding a nice place, and thinking we`ll find a site for a night or two.. I would be inclined if possible to ring round and ask if they are likely to have a spot if you turn up unanounced as such..

Nothing worse than driving from site to site at 4-5pm looking for some where.. for the night..

And with the winter we have just had, I expect any sign of good weather and all the world will be thinking of doing the same..

Dont blame them.. :winky:

DerekG

Free Member
Feb 18, 2010
West Devon
Funster No
Exp
Six years
Could be crowded......

Hi Paulus,
One of our favourite sites is Tregarton Park, near St Austell, lovely spot and very reasonable.
But you certainly ought to ring round first, especially if you plan to go to the seaside sites - they could easily be full.
We're planning a couple of days away this weekend - also a special Rip Off Weekend or, as they are sometimes known, Bank Holidays - and an awful lot of the best coastal sites we phoned were already full.
If you are thinking of making a habit of visits to Cornwall, Devon and Somerset, look at our Sociable in the South West thread for future ideas. If you avoid peak times, there are some really good bargains at some excellent sites - less than 50 quid a week in some cases.
Enjoy your trip.
Derek

PS: If you find yourself on the A30 going west about eight miles past Launceston, you
will see a huge showground of marquees on your right - Launceston Steam and Vintage Rally open for the whole Bank Holiday weekend. A very good day out, especially if you like old things that make a lot of noise and belch smoke.

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
Have you thought about C & CC Sites for Holidays? Mostly you don't need to book them in advance although they don't always have much in the way of facilities.

I'm planning on using them end of May to work my way home verrryyy slowwwly. :Smile:

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
Never done it down that way, but plenty of other areas.

What we tend to do is find a site either night before ,or that morning and ring early. Then you know you have a stopping place, and plan day accordingly. Seems to work for us and gets you to places you would possibly not have thought of going.

Dave :thumb::thumb:

OP
OP
paulus the woodgnome

paulus the woodgnome

Free Member
Sep 25, 2008
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
4 years 2 months
thanks to everyone for the info
have booked onto little treamble farm which is between newquay and perranporth for a few days next to the treamble valley caravan club site
resonable price of £5.00 a pitch a night and £3.00 per adult love to use these small sights has we save at least £150 by not using the haven perran sands site or trevornik holywell bay site
not much on this site but don't need the entertainment complexes like the tiger club anymore as we make our own entertainment at night
no not that but cards, dvd, bbq, a few beers and sitting out or going down the local and going out touring in the day time so i don,t like paying for stuff i don't use
then going on to tintagel
the steam fair on the way down is a possible because it sounds really good so we might stop off for it
roll on holidays
paulus

Euramobilly

Free Member
Apr 6, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
Exp
30 years of old conversions and caravans- 5 minutes in this posh one!
Little Treamble is lovely. The couple who run it have a small farm shop there. She is a keen gardener and grows and sells her own plants too. The last half mile once you turn off the main road is a little narrow and bends around a bit but there are plenty of passing places and anyway it's normally pretty quiet. As long as you get the weather it really is a beautiful part of the world. :Cool:

Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
Well that`s our 13th year & still loving it.
st ives

Hi, we are setting off to Cornwall tomorrow morning heading for this place.
Link Removed

The views are just amazing, 7 mins walk into St Ives, has to be one of the best sites we have stopped on.

For Falmouth try this place, they had all hard standing pitches with water, Tele point and draining, just yards away from the ablution block, very impressive all new.

http://www.cosawestouringandcamping.co.uk/

Hope you enjoy yourselves.:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back