Tour Portugal (1 Viewer)

Jan 22, 2014
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
I have made my mind up for this week. Want to tour Portugal. Starting from Santander in Spain then 4 weeks later back on the dingy for uk. Want to stay a couple of days here and there any ideas looking for nice little sea side towns nice food and good company and work my way back up the cost of Portugal back to Santander.

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Looks like a plan..... our friends from down the road spend about 3 months away doing similar

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Ingleby Barwick,,Teesside
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
I have made my mind up for this week. Want to tour Portugal. Starting from Santander in Spain then 4 weeks later back on the dingy for uk. Want to stay a couple of days here and there any ideas looking for nice little sea side towns nice food and good company and work my way back up the cost of Portugal back to Santander.

What time of year are you going? North of Spain and Northern Portugal aren't very warm in January!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
feb is cold in the north of spain and wet in portugal.
plus 4 weeks is hardly long enough . might be better just going along the coast in asturia and cantarbria .
may be a bit of galecia .
have to hug the sea as its deep snow inland at that time of year in spain .

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
As Makems says, Portugal ain't all that warm in February and can be wet too, unless you stay south. Still nice country to tour though.

Rayb182

Funster
Deceased RIP
Nov 13, 2009
Great Bentley
Funster No
MH
Sundance 590 PR
Exp
Since 1999
Come down to Pedro's and use it as a base, and then use Pedro's car to travel around the area, might even be able to go out on Alex's boat and travel up the coast for a day, no good fishing, after 5 hours caught ZILCH.

OP
OP
Flyingscotsman2
Jan 22, 2014
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Come down to Pedro's and use it as a base, and then use Pedro's car to travel around the area, might even be able to go out on Alex's boat and travel up the coast for a day, no good fishing, after 5 hours caught ZILCH.
I want to only stay a few days here and there. We did this year Venice Slovenia- lake bled and the grobglockner pass in Austria in 2 and a half weeks. Staying for a few days then moving on seen lots of stunning places.

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
If the weather isn't the the most important thing (and I predict most places in non mountainous Portugal will be warmer and sunnier than the UK) then there are great places to visit all over the place.

I love just driving slowly in a general direction and stopping over night somewhere that looks good. There are so many possibilities.

The west coast might be a bit windy (great for surfing) super cliff top views and, again, many places to stop along the way.

For the warmer, sunnier places a trip along the Algarve coast might suit although it seems to get busier and busier each year.

There are still places where you can stop peacefully for a couple of days/nights.

Every where you go there are castles.

There are lots of lakes formed by their dams (barragems) many of which have good, offsite parking possiblities.

Not much of a food buff but Ranch Burgers are great Burger King clones...

JJ :cool:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back