Tour of Germany and MH dealers (2 Viewers)

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Well not really a Grand Tour but we decided to attend the annual Niesmann+Bischoff factory bash at Polch in Germany, the event is the first weekend in November and is open to all comers, no booking is required and no money changes hands, you don't have to arrive with a Niesmann van but beware you might leave with one.

We travelled for the first time on the Newcastle to Amsterdam ferry as it is closer to home and was cheaper than the Hull crossing, also being Amsterdam it means we can have a few nights there on the way home, the ferry was nice and level to get onto and the selection of things to eat was better that the Hull crossings so all good.

As I missed Dusseldorf show this year I was feeling in desperate need of my annual fix of looking at nice vans and really fancied calling in at Vario-Mobil to see what they had in the showroom, they responded very quickly to my e-mail enquiry and confirmed showroom stock. To cut a long story short we had a lovely drive through the Netherlands to Bohmte near Osnabruck where the Vario factory is.

At the factory we were met by an English speaking sales and deliberations guy and he took us into the factory while they finished washing the Star 800 as it had been out on a road test. The factory was very interesting as they hand build everything to your design so no two vans are ever the same. The chassis work is in one area and the body in another, all the external surfaces of the Vario are fibreglass which for the sides comes in on a big roll and is vacuume pressed to the foam insulation before being bonded to the front and rear moulding and finally painted, all in house. Once the body is built they manufacture the interior furniture from a tree, all to the customers design including full wood veneer locker doors with the grain matching all around the van. When they are happy with everything it all comes out to be sprayed with lacquer. Finally the vehicle is trimmed in your choice of soft furnishing and you pick it up from the factory, YES these are not the cheapest vans in the world but you are getting something very special that you can design yourself right from the start.

If you want a look Broken Link Removed

After visiting the factory showroom we could have stayed outside their gates but they suggested the guard dogs might keep us awake so we moved about 20 miles down the road to Lotte and stayed behind the tennis hall.

On next destination still on the way to Polch was Durwang at Dortmund a big dealer for the Hymer and N+B marques, the showroom puts our UK offerings to shame and had a large stock of Hymer group vans at sensible prices.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Lots of used vans outside.

image.jpg This one is a rare Hymer liner built in the N+B factory on an Iveco chassis to a Flair layout but with Hymer mouldings and cupboard fronts.

Last edited:

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Excellent report keep it coming!:) Vario are something else....

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Didn't take any photos in the Vario factory as I didn't think it would be right so you will have to make do with this. Broken Link Removed

This is the Star 800 that we saw in the showroom, on a Merc Sprinter as you can see, it's a touch smaller than our Flair but only 0.5 metre on the length and about 200 mm in the height but it seemed to have a lot less space in the garage and underfloor which it doesn't have being on the Merc, I also can't help but think that the big Mercedes dashboard takes up a lot of space compared to the IVECO. The interior is Quality but this one not to our taste, I like this better. Broken Link Removed

But not sure about the price!!.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Arrived at the N+B factory on Wednesday evening after horrendous traffic around Cologne as all 3.5t + vehicles had to detour around the Rhine bridge on the main A1.

Thursday dawned a beautiful day and got up to 20 degrees.
image.jpg The factory is on the right and the field is filling up for the weekend.
image.jpg New vans are inside and stacks of used outside.

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Autotrail hand built to customer's specification apparently..AND have an oven!:D

MillieMoocher

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Kingham
Exp
40 years under canvas: Motorhome 2016 To 2020
Scrolling through the link, thinking to myself how much I liked the vario... Thoughts of yes, yes, yes going through my head and wondering how to break to Swmbo that the Hymer order might need cancelling.

Then I got to the price :pinocchio: so all is well and the Hymer order is safe.

Lovely looking van though :clap:

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Scrolling through the link, thinking to myself how much I liked the vario... Thoughts of yes, yes, yes going through my head and wondering how to break to Swmbo that the Hymer order might need cancelling.

Then I got to the price :pinocchio: so all is well and the Hymer order is safe.

Lovely looking van though :clap:

You would have to leave forum and rejoin as Milliethevario:)

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
I prefer the Perfect too Martin, but it's a couple of bob over our budget too. :LOL:

You and Jen have a great time. (y) I'm not at all envious. :whistle: (liar) ;)

Cheers,

Jock.

Cheers Jock

The Perfect is 2.5 wide and taller still but quite a tool all the same.

Next year Jock.

Martin

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Just had a bit walk around.

image.jpeg That's us in the middle of picture.
image.jpeg A selection on the hard standing, which fills up well before the weekend.
image.jpeg IVECO chassis lined up waiting to be built on, each one is allocated to a customer as it is already customised some with jacks some with air suspension etc etc.
image.jpeg Couple of finished vans in the showroom.
image.jpeg Great use of space for storage on the Flair, this is where N+B win over Concorde for me.
image.jpeg This puts an end to draughty dash vents in the Fiat based Arto.

Southdowners

Free Member
May 7, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since May 2015
Very interesting - we'd love to have gone over to the show but time constraints made it impossible.

I hadn't realised until recently how the new vehicles are allocated. We found that its quite difficult to get a 'slot' in the production line.

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
A few used bargain outside.

image.jpeg A 2014 Flair with 9,500 km for just over £90k
image.jpeg A 2007 Clou liner, hand built on a Mercedes truck chassis under 7.5t and under £80k

Some nice older vans for 25 or 30k, might show you more later if you behave yourselves.

If all this excitement is still not enough for you it is about 400 metres walk to Niesmann camping (no connection to N+B) who are a dealer for Concorde amongst others, so to conclude a veritable smorgasbord of motorhome delectation.

Martin

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Broken Link Removed Couple of finished vans in the showroom.
As much as I do like the shiny chrome look of the new models, I do wonder how it will look in a few years time, ie, chrome effect on plastic just isn't the same as pukka chrome. :(

Some nice older vans for 25 or 30k, might show you more later if you behave yourselves.
Oooh, yes please Martin. :)
so to conclude a veritable smorgasbord of motorhome delectation.
I thought you were in Germany? ;)

Cheers,

Jock. :)

Oct 12, 2013
Filey
Funster No
MH
N and B Flair
Exp
Since 2014
Wow, wow wow, really jealous, may a trip for next year, or maybe pop in when travelling south.....enjoy

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Wow, wow wow, really jealous, may a trip for next year, or maybe pop in when travelling south.....enjoy

The Stellplatz is always open and they are easy to drop into if you are doing the Rhine or the Mosel.

Martin

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Missed this one Yesterday.

image.jpeg Niesmann+Bischoff Clou liner with Porsche convertible in the back, HGV test anybody?

Martin

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
:Ta2:Slightly out of our price range but really enjoyed looking.

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Missed this one Yesterday.

View attachment 81963 Niesmann+Bischoff Clou liner with Porsche convertible in the back, HGV test anybody?

Martin
That would do me nicely, and with no need to take the test. ;)

Cheers,

Jock.

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Well today was the official start of the open weekend, it starts off with a jumble sale of old/surplus parts which range from alloy wheels, furniture, shower trays, Windows etc right through to some small and quite dos cure parts.

Following this at 1:30 they did an English speaking guided tour of the factory production facility, they were producing both Fiat/Arto and IVECO/Flair models.

image.jpeg These are the rolls of aluminium that will become side panels when are pressed and bonded onto the blue foam insulation, the N+B vans are alluminuim inside and out and have no wood in the structure of the body. The alluminuim rolls are coloured White, Silver or Champagne.

image.jpeg These are the blue styrofoam panels that the alluminuim gets pressed onto, the grooves in the foam will be vertical in the walls and will act as drainage channels in the unlikely event of any water ingress.

image.jpeg The side wall panel is now been pressed together and has been cut out on the CNC machine, this one is a Flair 920.

image.jpeg The wall is now stood up and the fitting out has started, the big bracket is for the drop down front bed fixing point.

TO BE CONTINUED

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
CONTINUED

The roof is pressed in the same way as the side walls except that the outer surface is hail resistant fibreglass as opposed to the alluminuim on previous versions.

image.jpeg This is the roof panel already fitted out with skylight, vents etc.

image.jpeg The moulded fibreglass front is prepared with the bonded in windscreen, bonnet and lights.

image.jpeg The chassis are all prepared off site by a partner company, each one is individual and has been fitted with the drop frame for the garage, jacks, air suspension and any other chassis option ordered. When walls and roof are ready and the furniture is made the chassis is brought into the factory to begin the assembly process.

image.jpg Chassis with floor.

Last edited:

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
The wall is now stood up and the fitting out has started, the big bracket is for the drop down front bed fixing point.
I hope they are going to sort out that wall panel, just to the right of the big cab window, on the left of the photo. :eek: (only joking ;) )

Keep em coming please Martin. (y)

Cheers,

Jock.

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
Didn't take any photos in the Vario factory as I didn't think it would be right so you will have to make do with this. Broken Link Removed

This is the Star 800 that we e saw in the showroom, on a Merc Sprinter as you can see, it's a touch smaller than our Flair but only 0.5 metre on the length and about 200 mm in the height but it seemed to have a lot less space in the garage and underfloor which it doesn't have being on the Merc, I also can't help but think that the big Mercedes dashboard takes up a lot of space compared to the IVECO. The interior is Quality but this one not to our taste, I like this better. Broken Link Removed

But not sure about the price!!.

I love the perfects but 448K and thats with the 4 cylinder engine - ouch!!

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
I hope they are going to sort out that wall panel, just to the right of the big cab window, on the left of the photo. :eek: (only joking ;) )

Keep em coming please Martin. (y)

Cheers,

Jock.

I know what you mean, and you do see it in the factory but never seems to be a problem when they are finished so must all get stuck down.

Martin

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back