Toulouse Camping Recommendations Anyone? (1 Viewer)

OddSocks

Free Member
Apr 10, 2014
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
We have just had a night in an aire in Montauban and plan to head to Toulouse and then Lordes. Can anyone recommend anywhere lovely, preferably free or cheap, in this area. We really are easy about where we travel, as long as we are heading vaguely Spainwards! lol I might want to visit some garages on the south side of Toulouse tomorrow.

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Drop "Frankie"(Yodelli)..... (JJ`s better half) a pm she will be able to put you right... Frankie lives there... (y)

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
Hi OddSocks!

Are you sure you sent ME a PM ? Either I've answered you already and have deleted your PM as I keep having my inbox full, or I never got it, OR you sent it to FRANKIE who is the username of another funster.
Mine is YODELI (with only one "L" Mo !!!)

Anyway I can now give you more than one answer

So either you just come to Balma which is next to Toulouse and reachable within 3 minutes from the ring road , so dead easy really; or you can go to the "Cité de l'Espace" which has a free parking place for motorhomes (still next to my house LOL!).

Hope this helps

Amicalement

Frankie:)

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Sorry, Frankie..... I should have realised I spelt that wrong... :cry:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
OddSocks

OddSocks

Free Member
Apr 10, 2014
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Ah! LOL Yup, I sent it to Frankie, as I could not find yodelli Damn! LOL

Never mind. We drove around for ages this afternoon looking for an aire or campsite! Finaly found (4th attempt) a beautiful little spot on the canal/river in - I think it is called - Auterive, Haute-Garonne. We found it in the Aires book!

I passed a commercial Mercedes garage on the approach to Toulouse today but they were closed. I may go back or risk my almost non existent French and call them on Monday. Unless you can advise otherwise? It is pretty scary driving with no right hand side wing mirror, I can tell you!!! I have my full too kit with me, I just need some vaguely similar mirror and I will be able to rig something up! :)

Thanks for the help, will contact you again by PM! :)

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Sorry for leading you wrong, Oddsocks...:( If Frankie (YODELI) latches onto this, I am sure she will offer some assistants.. (y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back