Free Member
Sep 14, 2015
Northants
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 740
Exp
1 year (getting a bit experienced now)
How about leaving a review on UK campsites web site, this seems to be a popular site. I always check out reviews of sites there before bookung to see what reviews say. They do show both good and bad reviews, just a suggestion.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
How about leaving a review on UK campsites web site, this seems to be a popular site. I always check out reviews of sites there before bookung to see what reviews say. They do show both good and bad reviews, just a suggestion.
And searchforsites

adt

Mar 28, 2016
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Nuevo
Exp
Since 2016
We've only had our MH since May but we joined the C&CC and have stayed at Ravenglass, Haltwhistle, Dunbar and Eskdale club sites as well as numerous CS.
We've been given a choice of pitch everywhere except Eskdale as it was during school half term and there was only the one EHU pitch left.
At Ravenglass (our first trip away) I pointed out that we have a nervous dog so if possible could we get a pitch away from the main routes to the communal areas. They reserved a pitch for us but still gave us the option to move elsewhere if it didn't suit. As it was, their reservation was spot on for us.

But I have to say the wardens at all these sites have been thoroughly helpful, approachable and friendly throughout.

Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
We've only had our MH since May but we joined the C&CC and have stayed at Ravenglass, Haltwhistle, Dunbar and Eskdale club sites as well as numerous CS.
We've been given a choice of pitch everywhere except Eskdale as it was during school half term and there was only the one EHU pitch left.
At Ravenglass (our first trip away) I pointed out that we have a nervous dog so if possible could we get a pitch away from the main routes to the communal areas. They reserved a pitch for us but still gave us the option to move elsewhere if it didn't suit. As it was, their reservation was spot on for us.

But I have to say the wardens at all these sites have been thoroughly helpful, approachable and friendly throughout.
I see you are new here so can excuse this sensible reply. But normally we want hand wringing and negative experiences.

adt

Mar 28, 2016
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Nuevo
Exp
Since 2016
I see you are new here so can excuse this sensible reply. But normally we want hand wringing and negative experiences.

:LOL: OK, I'll stand corrected.

Didn't need a miserable warden - I took the wife !

Robert Trevorrow

Free Member
Aug 18, 2016
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
Autotrail mohican
Exp
Why did you ask in the first place i would have just moved if it takes four hours to change a number they wouldn't have even noticed.Mr Wetherspoon

OP
OP
Howard H

Howard H

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 10, 2015
West Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Benimar mileo 294
Why did you ask in the first place i would have just moved if it takes four hours to change a number they wouldn't have even noticed.Mr Wetherspoon
Won't ask next time but don't really like hassle when I am holiday see enough of that at work !

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
If the pitch was empty I would be on it and tough luck, What CAN THEY DO, call the police and have you arrested. More assertiveness needed if not downright stroppiness. They work FOR the members or maybe they need reminding.
Another reason I will not belong to either.

OP
OP
Howard H

Howard H

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 10, 2015
West Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Benimar mileo 294
QUOTE="GWAYGWAY, post: 1986488, member: 33216"]If the pitch was empty I would be on it and tough luck, What CAN THEY DO, call the police and have you arrested. More assertiveness needed if not downright stroppiness. They work FOR the members or maybe they need reminding.
Another reason I will not belong to either.[/QUOTE]
You are right I know and I wish I had done that now but you live and learn, they have just sent me a form to renew my membership for another year don't think I will bother but don't suppose it will bother them to much

Jul 31, 2014
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
EuraMobil Activa 820HS
Exp
We stayed on the Keswick club site in May.
We were given a choice of three pitches which were available - two in the area to the right of the entry barrier and one at the opposite end of the site.
We chose the one at the end of the site due to being positioned away from large trees. Unfortunately, we had issues getting a decent TV signal and the C&CC don't have an aerial inlet in their bollards (or at least at this site anyway).
We noticed that there were a larger number of wardens/assistant wardens than usual at this site - maybe they were doing a hand-over to newly arrived wardens? But one of the female wardens in the office was a bit sharp/bordering stroppy. However, the other wardens were really friendly and happy to help.
Maybe it's worth a try asking a different warden to see if you can move.
Some of these wardens are motorhomers - you'd like to think that some would try look after their fellow motorhomers.

As for being in the Lakes and watching tv - we'd be lost without our tv - it would mean having a conversation with each other!
(I now take a batch of DVDs just in case we can't get a signal)

Lilian

Free Member
Sep 16, 2015
South Shields , Tyne and Wear
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
newbie !!
We stayed at Keswick a few weeks ago got all sorted and started to put our new air awning up .....nearly up and along came a warden on his bike.....can't have that up it goes over onto the grass ( about a foot and a half off the gravel bit ) so we had to take it down. Wrote a review on their website because as I walked around there was a couple more awnings over onto the grass !!! mustn't have liked our faces lol ....won't be going back there......We also stayed at the Kendal club when we first joined and couldn't get a signal for our satellite dish so we moved .....and moved again....and moved again, sorted ....walking the dog and the dreaded man on a bike bike pulled me and started on about moving without permission ( didn't know you needed it ) well I took my dog back to our MH by this time I was fuming, felt like a kid being told off so stormed over to the office, he wasn't there but the staff knew exactly who I was talking about and they just laughed at me moving around, said no problem we've been watching you we know where you are now lol ....xx

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
We stayed at Keswick a few weeks ago got all sorted and started to put our new air awning up .....nearly up and along came a warden on his bike.....can't have that up it goes over onto the grass ( about a foot and a half off the gravel bit ) so we had to take it down. Wrote a review on their website because as I walked around there was a couple more awnings over onto the grass !!! mustn't have liked our faces lol ....won't be going back there......We also stayed at the Kendal club when we first joined and couldn't get a signal for our satellite dish so we moved .....and moved again....and moved again, sorted ....walking the dog and the dreaded man on a bike bike pulled me and started on about moving without permission ( didn't know you needed it ) well I took my dog back to our MH by this time I was fuming, felt like a kid being told off so stormed over to the office, he wasn't there but the staff knew exactly who I was talking about and they just laughed at me moving around, said no problem we've been watching you we know where you are now lol ....xx
Thats why we normaly do grass with electric.. put the awning where you want then and it's nice n soft for pegs

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988

Norman's got himself a bike. by getting around the site quicker he can annoy more campers per hour ;)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back