Totally Rubbish Exhaust Heat Shield (1 Viewer)

DJSteward

Free Member
Feb 5, 2014
Kent
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Had a dreadful flapping fluttering noise from under our Autotrail Cheyenne tag axle van.

First started at 70mph then over time the noise was starting at lower and lower speeds.

I thought it might be a bag or piece of plastic caught underneath.

Looked under several times and finally the large heat shield over the transverse exhaust silencer caught my eye.

When I got my head right in there I could see it was cracked right across. It is a Fiat part so managed to get a replacement for £28.

What a bit of junk this heat shield is. It's the shape, strength, and consistency of a disposable baco foil baking tray. It would be ideal for a turkey at Xmas.

God knows why Fiat use such a flimsy piece of crap. It has only lasted 14000 miles and five years.

Fitted the new one today in half an hour, cursing the git who specified this shoddy part the whole time!

Glad that's off my chest.

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
Ahhhhhhh.....The joys of having a CAT!! ::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
They are the same on 99% of cars just a flimsy bit of aluminium bent to shape and held on by crappy tin nuts ( well a bit of tin bent to look like a nut ).

Most of the time the nut bit wears through the aluminium bit and they rattle then as more wear through they fall off.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back