Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Just a thought,when you are driving or have the vans ignition on a relay usually cuts the power to your cookers igniters and heater,could this relay be faulty?
Or,you said you found a wire loose,was it a live? if yes then what about an earth, for there to be a spark you need both,check if the igniter or base has a good earth.

might be a load of :Smile:s but you never know.good luck.

Thanks for your suggestions bonneville... it was the earth wire and I don't think they had relays in 1987... if they did they didn't fit any to my beloved Hymer...

JJ :Smile:

PS. Great bikes... used to dream of having one..

OP
OP
JJ

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Happiness of a sort in HEATER LAND on two fronts...

Removed Hymer heater (again) stripped it right down and fitted new burners.

Stripped the old and the new gas/ignition switch controllers and built up a controller with new thermostat, ignition switch, flame safety device etc but used the old valve body so the gas pipe would fit.

Refitted it all and placed into its recess...

Tested... nothing... no spark from the igniter despite the fact the igniter had been sparking in the tool tray when a spanner accidently made the connection!

Left everything alone...

Tried in the morning and it fired up instantly... working very well with the new buners...

Lunarman (John) sends me a user/service manual (which is now in the downloads section of this site... thanks John)... I study said manual at length... I have done everything correctly and the only POSSIBLE explanation is the igniter has an intermittent fault, working sometimes and then nothing.

I order a new (not right but can be adapted) igniter (£50 + £10 post :cry:)

Now in full "Heater Mode" I remove the Wagon Carver/Truma heater (at least 35 years old) strip it down and service it fully. Clean out everything... poke out the tiny jets in the (4) burners as per instructions in the manual etc.

Replace it and fire her up (first click of the button) It roars into life and heats up the Wagon in minutes burning with beautiful blue flames... Yippee... well happy!

Just wait for the new igniter and when fitted I reckon the Saga of the Heaters will be over...

JJ

PS. Anyone want their Carver/Truma SL 3002 and 5002 heaters serviced... some used spares available... :roflmto:

PPS... am considering the fitting of a manual Peizo to the Hymer heater instead of the battery operated one...

Attachments

• heater new parts.jpg
    heater new parts.jpg
    115.9 KB · Views: 23
  • heater with shiny new parts.jpg
    heater with shiny new parts.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 17

wivvy's dad

Free Member
Jun 22, 2010
Funster No
MH
Transit LWB Hi-Top PVC
Exp
On and Off since '98
So you can heat up your Fray Bentos on a nice long fork now - chestnut stylee

:winky:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
:clap: :thumb: A man with your talents are wasted on the streets. ::bigsmile: :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Well done JJ, I think you will be in demand from now on. :winky: No more having no work in the winter months and swanning off to Portugal. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Bob.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back