Totalcool TCP500 - portable lithium battery with mains sockets (1 Viewer)

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
This Totalcool TCP500 looks a possible option for those who may not have space for a second battery or just need extra "mains" (500W) power sockets https://www.routeo.fr/ref-TCP500/TCP500-batterie-portative-500w-avec-prise-220v at €699 - what do our techy Funsters think of it? It has an induction charging pad (for suitable phones) on top & can be partially (50%) recharged by 12v. Couldn't find any UK sellers but sure other makes/models like this will be available soon if they aren't already.

1612445916730.png

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
not much use for a 5v battery in a motorhome

Nasher

Free Member
May 6, 2016
Pontardawe
Funster No
MH
Pug Boxer
Exp
Since 2013
not much use for a 5v battery in a motorhome

It does mains & 12v as well as 5v :

500W AC/DC PORTABLE LITHIUM BATTERY (TCP500 TOTALCOOL)​

TCP500: The large, portable portable battery that can be transported​

TotalCool's TCP500 battery is a true portable energy source. It offers a large electrical capacity of 500w or 135 amps per hour. This represents, for the uninitiated, a significant capacity of size. Indeed, this makes it probably the largest capacity in transportable battery with this volume and weight. On the portable batteries page, compare the capabilities of portable batteries.

What we mean by transportable is that it has a carry handle and a reasonable weight (6.5Kg). Its ergonomics make it very easy to wear. You can take your energy source with you everywhere. Find all the information about what a secondary battery, or additional battery, portable.

TCP500: Large portable battery with integrated 220v sector output​

The TCP500 portable battery is a true concentration of technology. It has 4 "classic" outputs, i.e. USB 5V, but also, and it is less common, a USB output type C (USB that plugs in both directions).
Even less common, this battery allows to connect appliances to light cigar. This is very convenient, as you won't need to change the sockets of your usual devices, or buy other cables for them.

On the other hand, where it stands out frankly from the others is that it has an induction charger, directly integrated into the battery cube. So, just put down your phone (requires having a phone allowing it), for it to recharge. You can compare portable booster batteries.

But also and above all, is that this battery, has 2 output 220V! You may be wondering: How is it possible to provide 220V with a transportable battery? This process is quite well known. Indeed, with a voltage converter, 12/220v, it is possible to do this. However, the converter that goes with this transportable cube-battery, is specifically made for this battery, and is not a lambda converter. Thus, it is perfectly optimized for this battery, and thus offers an ultra-efficient battery life.

TCP500: THE PORTABLE BATTERY WITH SMART CHARGE​

Indeed, the TCP500 TotalCool's Lithium-ion technology provides a fast and intelligent charging method. Indeed, on the sector, the TotalCool TCP500 will load quickly up to 80%, then load deep up to 100%. This allows you to quickly benefit from a large capacity when you are in a hurry or when you have little time to load in front of either. But it also allows for greater autonomy when you have been able to provide a full load.

THE TOTALCOOL TCP 500 BATTERY IS ULTRA-COMPLETE:​

But how do you recharge TotalCool's TCP500? Again, this battery stands out because it has all the means of charging. Thus, you can recharge it on the sector socket (provided), but also on solar panels (with MC4 socket provided), for those who are equipped with it.
You can also recharge it on a 12V cigar light socket (also in the pack. Don't look, there's everything), typically in your vehicle. The big vehicles will also find their account because this light cigars also accepts the 24V. Note that the load on 12V can only be up to 50% and 100% on 24v.

On top of all this, it also has a small asset that can have its use. Except for its very neat and robust design, it has a built-in torch.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
it does 12v by boosting the 5v internal voltage so you get nowhere near 135ah of use at 12v

that is why it can be charged by a 12v supply and is so small

Aug 4, 2019
North East Riviera
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Enough to Survive
There’s loads of solar generators on Amazon

ALLPOWERS Portable Generator 666Wh/185200mAh Power Station Backup Emergency Power Supply Pure Sine wave with DC/AC Inverter,Charged by Solar Panel/Wall Outlet/Car for Camping, Home Use, RV, Outdoor Amazon product ASIN B08FDN1PH6

There’s also a smaller 372Wh Allpowers one at less than half this price.

There’s also one that looks remarkably like the one in the OP

POWEROAK Portable Power Station AC50S 500Wh 300W Solar Generator Sine-Wave Wireless Charging Emergency LED Lighting w/ 2AC Outlet,PD 45W USB-C,DC12V Lithium Battery Backup for Outdoor RV Camping Amazon product ASIN B08KW35YTZ

Last edited:

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Most of these devices seem to be Lithium ion rather than Lithium IRON ie LiFePO4.

Aug 4, 2019
North East Riviera
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Enough to Survive
I’ve seen quite a few used at festivals etc....when such things weren’t just a distant memory.😢

I would also imagine they would be quite popular and useful to campers in general too.

With a solar panel it would give campers options, I’d think.

Aug 4, 2019
North East Riviera
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Enough to Survive
Says 300w by the sockets!
They all ‘inflate’ their figures like that, even petrol generators.

They‘ll have the nominal figure and then a peak power figure.....guess which they‘ll always quote in the promotional bumf.

Mixing Wh and W figures......watt-hours measure amounts of energy for a specific period of time, and watts measure rates of power at a moment in time.

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
Since the 80s
My take on these numbers - I think the numbers are OK but the units are nonsense.
500Wh energy storage. These batteries are 3.7V, which means it's 500/3.7 = 135 amp-hours at 3.7V.
That's equivalent to 500/12 = 42 amp-hours at 12V. Not exactly massive, but a useful size nevertheless.

I can't see anything that says the power output of the 220V mains sockets, but as stevewagner says, 300W is not unreasonable. Obviously won't last very long on the full 300W output, but you might get 20 minutes from it.

One possible use is to charge up a MH in storage, by charging at home then hooking up a small charger. You could top the leisure/starter batteries up with nearly 40Ah of charge, which is quite useful.

It's ideal for charging phones/laptops and powering lighting while away from buildings or vehicles.

Last edited:

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
Is it heavy enough to be used as a tie down point for the dog ....??

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back