Total Newbie - Hiring MH this Summer (1 Viewer)

Gibbo236

Free Member
Jul 10, 2016
South Cave
Funster No
MH
Just Looking (Hiring)
Exp
Hi there,

We're hiring a MH for the first time this summer so I'm joining to hopefully get some hints and tips before we get going.

Just hiring for a week but can't wait - Going to have a look round the vehicle this week (It's a big one!!!) and then looking forward to August.

Cheers

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Welcome... Maybe ask on here about where you plan to go.. August is busy in lots of places..

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Hello! We hired before we bought but only a 6 metre van! Drove to Scotland but a week wasn't long enough! Loved it , so bought one 6 months later the rest is history! I do wish we had known about this forum before as there is so much help and advice! :WelcomeFlag:

OP
OP
G

Gibbo236

Free Member
Jul 10, 2016
South Cave
Funster No
MH
Just Looking (Hiring)
Exp
Cheers everyone,

We've hired a 7 berth RollerTeam 707. We've booked all our places already and I'm thinking we're probably going to want to take things slower than the itinerary demands. But it's our first time and I think we'll enjoy it regardless.

The main things I'll be asking about will be the general day to day stuff (emptying toilets) connecting up the services (on the pitches where we have them etc)

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Cheers everyone,

We've hired a 7 berth RollerTeam 707. We've booked all our places already and I'm thinking we're probably going to want to take things slower than the itinerary demands. But it's our first time and I think we'll enjoy it regardless.

The main things I'll be asking about will be the general day to day stuff (emptying toilets) connecting up the services (on the pitches where we have them etc)
Join up and you will find loads of threads also ask away sometimes you will get jokey answers ! But most of the time useful advice with a hint of banter!!
Enjoy!(y)

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
Hello and welcome from West Midlands.

Wyn

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
image.gif
It's probably too early in the day to get into the detail of all the systems that need attention in a Motorhome. Good advice I saw here from someone, was to record the handover on phone or tablet. Then once on your campsite if unsure about anything ask a fellow camper.

Last edited:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Then once on your campsite if unsure about anything ask a fellow camper.
Agreed, simply introduce yourself to your motorhome neighbour and ask if they can help.
99 times out of 100 you'll get all the help you need.
The other 1% aint worth even talking to after they snub you.
Even caravanners can tell you the basics...hooking up to electric etc.

mike mcglynn

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jan 6, 2008
St. Helens MERSEYSIDE
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick XL
Exp
A long time now
Hi,Gibbo just remember how wide van is when on narrow lanes, mirrors often get bashed as other drivers don't seem to see them or walls jump out at you ;)have a good time wherever you go .

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back