LIFE MEMBER
Aug 24, 2011
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
Since 2011
As the title suggests, we're looking at THR for our 5 year old Labrador, Murphy. We adopted him (or he chose us (y)) as a 6 month old puppy. At 18 months old, we noticed some very occasional limping on a hind leg. X rays by our wonderful local vet revealed in his words, 'the worst hips I've ever seen in a dog this age'. We got a referral to an orthopaedic surgeon who took a conservative approach 'Keep him skinny, active, give him supplements and let's see how he gets on'

Well he got on great for 3 years, he's still skinny, but he's less active and obviously less comfortable. So today, we've been back to the surgeon who says we've done great, but arthritis is now making life very difficult for him, so he needs a THR, not sure yet if it's one or both. He's been left at the hospital tonight to have X-rays and bloods tomorrow and a consultation with us at 5pm.

We've asked loads of questions there and had them all answered, but there are bound to be more random questions. Has anyone here had experience of THR?

OP
OP
Kim H

Kim H

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 24, 2011
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
Since 2011
No - but use Noel ...................................
Noel has been a pioneer in this field and I'm in awe of him. We need pioneers to make it mainstream. Our surgeon uses the same hardware and technique. He does 2 THR's a week. I trust him and am looking for post operative advice.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back