Total dinosaur needs help (1 Viewer)

Aug 5, 2018
Funster No
MH
a
Well first things first I assume this is for UK use..
If so just fit a simple MIFI unit in the camper and plumb it into the 12v electric.
Any time you are in the van MIFI will be "live" therefore every time you pick up your tablet, phone, laptop it will always be connected to the net.
For the MIFI unit if you don't go away in it all the time then I would recommend an EE PAYG DATA sim. you can top up with more DATA as you require from as little as £1 for 7 days / 100 mb
Not a lot but if you think you are as light a user as you say you are I'd start off there and see how much you get through.
I can easily chew through 2GB on a weekend haha. (£7 for 20 days)
See here for PAYG details on EE > https://ee.co.uk/content/dam/ee-hel...ay-as-you-go-plans-and-add-ons-feb18-0319.pdf
As for MIFI you could do worse than to get a pack something like this with the MIFI unit , internal aerial and 12v power supply all included..

Personally I wouldn't use the "3" network as it's a lot smaller than the big players like EE and Vodafone so you may end up somewhere with no signal at all.

Oh and here's some info on provider choice and you should see why I recommend EE..
Slightly more costly but the coverage outweighs that, because as you have already found out, trying to get online when there is little or no signal is more of an inconvenience than the slightly higher charges.

Last edited:

Motorhome-dude

Free Member
Jun 21, 2019
Funster No
MH
Hobby 750
Exp
A class since 2011
Handy Andy has given some really good advice and links.

If you want to go one step further you could fit the next model up. It's a really easy install and the instructions are very clear.

The motorhomewfi.com Kit 2 option

This is what comes in the box

This is how to install it

I went for the 3 unlimited data package but you can fit any SIM from any supplier so it's whatever works best for you for data wise.

I'm with Handy Andy about motorhomewifi.com they are a really good company and whichever kit you get it'll work better than just using your phone for a signal.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Al-Di

Al-Di

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 15, 2014
prestwich
Funster No
MH
Eura Mobil A Class
Exp
since 2013
we already have a mifi,(on 3payg) and an old 10'' tablet,(past its best) which we have used in the past but always when parked up, as both of us are technically challenged,didnt realise I could leave the mifi switched on all the time, thought it ate data,
Thank you handy andy & motorhome dude for your explicit explanation very helpful,

slowly getting used to the smarty , have done a route on it using waze, and seem to do what was asked, also park4night seem to find things as we traveled round local area, and its handy having it in the cab with us,

as we are low phone user's it will take some time to adjust but will get there,

so thanks again all that have inputted with various advice,

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back