Jan 13, 2019
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Burford Duo
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hello and welcome from a fellow newbie.

I'm another Hampshire Hog who's invested in a mobile kennel. Not being as crafty as you I rely on throws to save the cushions, I've found old door curtains work well too.
I made my peace with a grubby floor (& sent a thanks for the laminate) on our first trip away, but I intend to use the awning next time it's wet!

I'm just about to invest in a load of micro fibre towels for the dogs to save space. But someone else may have a better solution for the dog drying issue.
Drive safe
Ceri

I always have microfibre towels for the dogs, but I swear by dogrobes, like a dressing gown.......they get put on them if they get soaked, after playing in the sea/lake/pond, after a bath, just wrap them up in them and forget about them, they really absorb the water well and don't take long to dry out afterwards :)

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
Hello and welcome.
Must haves?
From experience don't forget a bottle of water, especially if spending your first night in a frozen aire in France;)
Today I found my 'checklist' hasn't seen the light of day for years, but might now. For rattles I use T.towels saves the space of storing them elsewhere. Also jam stuff in so it shouldn't move.
No matter what just get out there and enjoy, staying on your drive for a couple of nights as suggested is a good idea. I would add unless you desperately need that item you have forgotten try to do without, amazing how you can get by if needed.
The 3 things I have been most asked to borrow are bottle/tin opener, screwdriver and torch.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Deepdale

Free Member
Nov 23, 2018
Funster No
MH
Under discussion.
Exp
Newbie, tent graduate.
I always have microfibre towels for the dogs, but I swear by dogrobes, like a dressing gown.......they get put on them if they get soaked, after playing in the sea/lake/pond, after a bath, just wrap them up in them and forget about them, they really absorb the water well and don't take long to dry out afterwards :)

I think I'm going to invest in some.
I've found some lengthy threads on micro fibre having the qualities of Velcro, when we eventually have dry grass. I can imagine that getting frustrating very quickly!
Another 'good idea' gone bad.
However the no bones or balls in the van is working a treat. It's been a month and it still doesn't smell like a butcher's. And discovering Left Hand Drive & column shift has been easier without rogue balls rolling forward under the pedals!

Travel safe
Ceri :D

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back