Tosser driving Bailey 740......... (1 Viewer)

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
photo or dash cam evidence is the way to expose these idiots ..
So if this is acceptable evidence, how come Jeremy Clarkson didn't get pulled after clear footage showed him on the phone? Apparently it's not admissible evidence except by Police cams.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
So if this is acceptable evidence, how come Jeremy Clarkson didn't get pulled after clear footage showed him on the phone? Apparently it's not admissible evidence except by Police cams.

I didn't say it was acceptable evidence..

I said to EXPOSE these idiots ..

i.e. on Youtube, FB and forums..

Big Nick

Free Member
Aug 17, 2015
Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Coachbuilt
Exp
What's the phrase about he who is without sin......

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Kool Kroozer

Free Member
Apr 19, 2014
Cannock Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hobby Premium
Exp
Always learning
Txt and using the phone while driving imo should carry a hefty fine, like £2500..what the hell is so important that it cant wait ? In France right now an it seems like every other car driver is on the phone, even seen a few with the A on the back Nov the car which I think means they have recently just passed...scary !

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
I didn't say it was acceptable evidence..

I said to EXPOSE these idiots ..

i.e. on Youtube, FB and forums..
Now now, no need for shouting. I only said what happened. It's on this forum so that's one done. I don't do. Your tubes, twitter twatter, Facebook, faceache or these other such like so i wouldn't see it on those mediums anyway.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Now now, no need for shouting. I only said what happened. It's on this forum so that's one done. I don't do. Your tubes, twitter twatter, Facebook, faceache or these other such like so i wouldn't see it on those mediums anyway.

wasn't shouting , was stressing I didn't say what you said I had.. and the dash cam video has not been uploaded anywhere yet.. so there.. :moon2:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
"I don't know what you were doing, whether you were on your phone (it was next to her on the seat) or looking for something in your bag, but you've twice swerved onto the other side of the road ... if you're not careful you're gonna kill yourself or someone else, so watch what you're doing."
Why would that matter?
... because in the process of killing herself she might kill someone else too!

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I wasn't aware who 'Siri' was until I twigged however personally I wouldn't use this facility for having texts read out to me or to dictate a text as both would IMV be distracting from the main task at hand, ie driving!

RogerThat

LIFE MEMBER
May 20, 2016
North West
Funster No
MH
PVC
Anyone else noticed a trend lately? I see more people texting while driving than I do making a call while driving?!

Autowbars

Free Member
Dec 1, 2012
Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Lunar Roadstar 800
Exp
Since 2010
There are only three things for a driver to do with a mobile phone:
1. Switch it off.
2. Give it to a passenger to deal with any incoming calls/messages.
3. Stick it in a pocket/glove box and ignore it if it rings.

Totally agree.
I don't have to give it to a passenger as it ain't even in my reach, the missus looks after it and the PPI, accident claims calls for me with her BIG mouth!

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
I wasn't aware who 'Siri' was until I twigged however personally I wouldn't use this facility for having texts read out to me or to dictate a text as both would IMV be distracting from the main task at hand, ie driving!
Not just your view, corroborated evidence supports it! (y)

Adbt

Banned
May 19, 2015
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Approach 740 SE
Exp
image.jpeg
Possible, think mr adbt does have a bailey approach and Penrith not far away, just saying ;)

Apart from the fact Penrith is nowhere near Portugal , still think the OP story is a non truth , just saying like .

Last edited:

Tweedie

Free Member
Sep 14, 2015
Northants
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 740
Exp
1 year (getting a bit experienced now)
Well we have a Bailey 740 but can confirm that we were not near Penrith today, ours is in its Northants storage home. Phew thats lucky as we are going to the Lake District in a couple of weeks and wouldn't want people to think that we were that irresponsible tosser!!!:eek:

OP
OP
ABZSteve

ABZSteve

Free Member
Banned
Jan 8, 2014
Aberdeen
Funster No
MH
2018, Apache 634 150 Auto
Exp
Since 2015
No idea why you feel like that, what is wrong with you, explain
I see now, just noticed you have a Bailey 740. Are you taking this personally? I didn't post to target 740 drivers, only the one I saw.

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
I wonder how many people map read when driving - it's not texting, but it's just as dangerous

Aug 26, 2008
B&NES
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2007
Yesterday I saw a builder's wagon heading towards me on the other side of the A4. The driver had no hands on the steering wheel because his phone was in his right hand and his left hand was adjusting his earpiece.

Jan 8, 2014
Emsworth
Funster No
MH
Bailey 740
Exp
Yesterday I saw a builder's wagon heading towards me on the other side of the A4. The driver had no hands on the steering wheel because his phone was in his right hand and his left hand was adjusting his earpiece.
builders are trained in this art we can also pour coffee from a flask whilst smoking

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Arto 88F Tag
Exp
since 2013
There are twats the world over who don't think it will ever happen to them! On the 401 in Canada and had a bloke go by with phone in one hand and the other resting on the back of the bench front seat - he was presumably steering using his knees! Trouble is these tossers tend to live to tell the tale and its the other poor souls who get killed by their stupidity!

Teuchter

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Nov 4, 2014
Lee on the Solent
Funster No
MH
Hymer Mercedes MLI 580
Exp
I have been caravanning for 32 years but in 2014 I have"gone over to the dark side"
View attachment 122415

Apart from the fact Penrith is nowhere near Portugal , still think the OP story is a non truth , just saying like .

That is a shame - I don't think it is very kind to make out fellow funsters are lying unless you are sure of your facts! (n)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Come on then, why are you saying the OP is lying? Also what has Portugal got to do with Penrith in this instance????

GeriatricWanderer

Free Member
Feb 1, 2015
Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso, just cos I can!
Funster No
MH
Pop-Top Campervan
Exp
45years
About time somone in authorty stopped pussy footing with this one.

Equip every pollice vehicle with portable roadside phone crushers (I imagine something like a chip maker).

As long as they have photographic evidence - no warning, no second chance, no excuses, even new iPhone 9 - in the crusher with the remains presented to the car driver as a souvenir. Bye bye, on your way.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back