Tosser driving Bailey 740......... (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
ABZSteve

ABZSteve

Free Member
Banned
Jan 8, 2014
Aberdeen
Funster No
MH
2018, Apache 634 150 Auto
Exp
Since 2015
Don't think I would have caught him on dashcam. Anyway, wife broke the window holder so it wasn't on(n). Having been the victim of a rear end shunt due to some dizzy bitch texting, it really gets me mad. Youngest son was injured also but because we had no witnesses, she got off with it. I seen her texting as I passed her; at the next roundabout she came in to the same lane as me then was obviously too distracted to notice I had braked. I looked in my rear mirror after she hit me and the realisation of what she did must have hit her because she threw the phone over her shoulder on to the back seats. My word against hers. (n)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Poohbear

Free Member
May 18, 2015
Worcester
Funster No
MH
Swift Lifestlye 644
Exp
June 2015
Don't think I would have caught him on dashcam. Anyway, wife broke the window holder so it wasn't on(n). Having been the victim of a rear end shunt due to some dizzy bitch texting, it really gets me mad. Youngest son was injured also but because we had no witnesses, she got off with it. I seen her texting as I passed her; at the next roundabout she came in to the same lane as me then was obviously too distracted to notice I had braked. I looked in my rear mirror after she hit me and the realisation of what she did must have hit her because she threw the phone over her shoulder on to the back seats. My word against hers. (n)

But it doesn't matter why she ran into the back of you because it was her fault anyway, as it always is in rear end shunts.

Jan 3, 2008
Pakefield, Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp
Increasingly common, I notice it frequently as lorries come towards me and I can almost guarantee that the driver of the HGV that's moving from side to side of the lane in front of me will be on the phone as I overtake. Knights of the road they used to be referred to as. Now I treat them as idiots and keep my distance as much as possible. I am sure there are still some decent ones around but they are for the most part confined to venicles with a GB registration.

My driving tutor, when I did my driving courses in my career instilled defensive driving tactics which means pretty much treating everyone else as an unknown quantity, expecting them to do the wrong and the unexpected and trying to anticipate it and avoid it.

RogerThat

LIFE MEMBER
May 20, 2016
North West
Funster No
MH
PVC
I waved to a MH driver coming towards me on a single carriageway on Monday. When I spotted the phone at his ear my wave quickly changed to a very animated two fingered salute! :mad:

OP
OP
ABZSteve

ABZSteve

Free Member
Banned
Jan 8, 2014
Aberdeen
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 2015
But it doesn't matter why she ran into the back of you because it was her fault anyway, as it always is in rear end shunts.
Yes, she was at fault, but no charge for using the phone.

OP
OP
ABZSteve

ABZSteve

Free Member
Banned
Jan 8, 2014
Aberdeen
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 2015
Pity you didn't call the police, they would have examined her phone and seized it since it would record the exact time of her texting activity. Good evidence.
Police were at the scene within 10 minutes. I pushed for them to do this but only if my son would act as a second witness. At 8 years old I wasn't having any of that. We were not badly hurt and didn't think about claiming for injuries.

Adbt

Banned
May 19, 2015
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Approach 740 SE
Exp

Using overtly sexist language is not helping you convince us of your already dubious story TBH

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
Personally I get Siri to read my messages to me when I am driving. Can have amusing results when I get these marketing texts, and Siri reads out web addresses etc. :D

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
On Saturday we were in our car going up to take some stuff to the charity shop at Hornsea, as we travelled we notice a pink Fiat 500 about 2 cars in front swerve across into the opposite side of the road and then pull back in, it happened again about 10 seconds later. When we got to the end of the road the traffic lights had just turned to red so I got out and went to see what was going on. As I got to the side of the car the 'lady' driver was rummaging about in a very large handbag totally oblivious to me standing there, I knocked on the window and she was so engrossed she nearly jumped out of her skin. She put the window down and I said very calmly "I don't know what you were doing, whether you were on your phone (it was next to her on the seat) or looking for something in your bag, but you've twice swerved onto the other side of the road ... if you're not careful you're gonna kill yourself or someone else, so watch what you're doing." She didn't say anything at all, just looked at me gob-smacked ... I walked away and got back into our car. Hopefully she'll think about what she's doing in the future!

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
Increasingly common, I notice it frequently as lorries come towards me and I can almost guarantee that the driver of the HGV that's moving from side to side of the lane in front of me will be on the phone as I overtake. Knights of the road they used to be referred to as. Now I treat them as idiots and keep my distance as much as possible. I am sure there are still some decent ones around but they are for the most part confined to venicles with a GB registration..
That's my recent experience too, great but also worse still they are stuck into the nearside lane on German autobahns during the day, which means if you drive around 55-60 mph (which I choose too) you will either have a lorry permanently up your ass or be battling it out with illegal HGV overtakers.

OP
OP
ABZSteve

ABZSteve

Free Member
Banned
Jan 8, 2014
Aberdeen
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 2015
Using overtly sexist language is not helping you convince us of your already dubious story TBH
No idea what you are talking about. Anyway, I know it is true and don't care what you think to be honest:rolleyes:. Oh just remembered the dizzy bitch bit, my apologies, she was an effing dizzy bitch.

Jan 3, 2008
Pakefield, Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp
Police were at the scene within 10 minutes. I pushed for them to do this but only if my son would act as a second witness. At 8 years old I wasn't having any of that. We were not badly hurt and didn't think about claiming for injuries.
Child of that age would not be considered a suitable witness. I didn't think you were hurt at all unless I missed something something.

OP
OP
ABZSteve

ABZSteve

Free Member
Banned
Jan 8, 2014
Aberdeen
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 2015
Child of that age would not be considered a suitable witness. I didn't think you were hurt at all unless I missed something something.
Yes I said we were injured, whiplash basically, not too bad, no hospital treatment, only sore for a few days.

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Personally I get Siri to read my messages to me when I am driving. Can have amusing results when I get these marketing texts, and Siri reads out web addresses etc. :D
How does that work?

Lot lover

Free Member
May 13, 2016
Lot, France
Funster No
MH
Le Voyageur Integral
Exp
New boy
I said very calmly "I don't know what you were doing, whether you were on your phone (it was next to her on the seat) or looking for something in your bag, but you've twice swerved onto the other side of the road ... if you're not careful you're gonna kill yourself

That is what would not matter

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
How does that work?
You need a paired bluetooth device, and an iPhone obviously. In the van the head unit suffices, but I also have a headset for in the car.
Anyway, I digress. You push and hold the relevant button on the paired device, Siri will beep, and you say "read my messages". All unread texts will be read out to you, and helpfully after each one, Siri will say "Would you like to reply?". You can then dictate a message to Siri, which will be completely ignored, and total garbage will be sent to the recipient! :D

OP
OP
ABZSteve

ABZSteve

Free Member
Banned
Jan 8, 2014
Aberdeen
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 2015
Glad it wasn't serous injury
Me too, happened again in 2010 ( yes it did Adbt, short for a doubter ;)). Had to go to hospital that time ( records available :D) and was very sore for about 4 months; wouldn't have wanted that for me son (n)

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
There are only three things for a driver to do with a mobile phone:
1. Switch it off.
2. Give it to a passenger to deal with any incoming calls/messages.
3. Stick it in a pocket/glove box and ignore it if it rings.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back