Jul 27, 2011
Kilmun, Dunoon
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sport TI
Exp
Since 2012
FYI...
The local Torre Del Mar council have erected signs on all access roads banning motorhomes, caravans and camping. There was no sign at the feria ground where all wild camping motorhomers base themselves. In past years the police would make you take in your step or wedges but never moved you on. On Saturday night we where at our usual spot on the feria ground with another fifteen or so motorhomers when at 2200hrs we had a knock on the door.... yes it was the Local Police waving a piece of paper at me. Bottom line was after struggling with my Spanish all motorhomes had to be away and out of Torre Del Mar by 2000hrs. The German contingent weren't happy but had to abide. We just packed up and came back home around thrty minutes up the mountain.
So unfortunately the great get together in TDM may be no more. I find it very difficult to reconcile as the motorhomers bring a lot of business to the local bars and restaurants in TDM, probably tens of thousands over the winter season, no wonder the economy here is on its last legs.
If anyone manages to discover how the Spanish logic works please PM me.
atb

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
I dont know the place, as never been that far down..
BUT why dont they learn from other places like France and Germany.. !!!!??

A good plot of land and a cheap price for an overnight park would give the money collector a job, keep some of the motorhomers happy (not all I know some want everything for free)
and bring in the visitors to spend some needed cash...
Your right there is no logic...:Doh:

Pikey Pete

Free Member
May 25, 2008
o
Funster No
MH
o
Exp
The camp site owners rule.

They pay their license fees and taxes, so to them, anyone free camping is, they think, money lost.

Pete:Cool:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
hi, try downloading a copie of instruction 08/v-74 de la direccion general de traffico relativa a las autocaravanas ...
always worked for me . there are also posters you can get in spanish about parking not camping . the spanish m,home clubs use them . be firm and if abiding by the rules make your point .

there is also comunicat informatiu 3/2008
relatiu a la normativa d,autocaravanes.

servei catala de transit
this is in catalan if you need thaty one . they do like to bully you but ask to see the police chief they usually back down . never failed for me .

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
hopefully heres the poster for your window .
use it . the police love to bully you dont let them .

Attachments

• img097.jpg
    img097.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 211

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Spanish logic :ROFLMAO: You can take the Spaniard away from the donkey, but you cant take the donkey away from the Spaniard :winky:.

Pikey Pete

Free Member
May 25, 2008
o
Funster No
MH
o
Exp
Spanish logic :ROFLMAO: You can take the Spaniard away from the donkey, but you cant take the donkey away from the Spaniard :winky:.

That's a bit insulting to say the least.

I don't think you know the Spanish at all or you wouldn't say things like that.

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
biggest problem with spain isnt the spanish . its the uk and germans that have gone over there .
i have never met a spanish person that objects to the m,homes
but have met loads of ex pats that dont like them .
trouble is most dont fit in here.
they cause loads of trouble there .
even the spanish dont like them . steal their jobs and houses . then make complaints to the guardia about any body .
the spanish people are our friends really .

Pikey Pete

Free Member
May 25, 2008
o
Funster No
MH
o
Exp
biggest problem with spain isnt the spanish . its the uk and germans that have gone over there .
i have never met a spanish person that objects to the m,homes
but have met loads of ex pats that dont like them .
trouble is most dont fit in here.
they cause loads of trouble there .
even the spanish dont like them . steal their jobs and houses . then make complaints to the guardia about any body .
the spanish people are our friends really .

Well, if you mean people who have paid serious money for a sea view and then find that all they can see is Camper vans then I would tend to agree with them.

Why do you have to park up in areas of Urbanisation and then claim you are not camping when everybody knows you are.

What's wrong with parking up where your not spoiling any ones view, but you are within walking distance of town, or a bus into town.

But you don't do you?

You think you can just park up where ever you like and sod everybody else.

The Spanish are happy for you to be there but not when you take the piss.

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
hi pete .actually i dont take the piss . i park in sensible places . but have occasionally been knocked by the guardia the letter by the interiour minister always works .
luckily i have direct contact with spanish motor home clubs and understand what where when things are happening .
there are many places that have been spoilt . '
i dont think i can park where i like . but do park where i like on the basis its not going to annoy others . i like to have a peacefull park up . and normally get on well with the indigonous people .
but do find the expats a miserable bunch . so dont park near them . they do think they own spain and have bought the world .
:thumb::thumb::thumb: but have fun .

Last edited:

Pikey Pete

Free Member
May 25, 2008
o
Funster No
MH
o
Exp
hi pete .actually i dont take the piss . i park in sensible places . but have occasionally been knocked by the guardia the letter by the interiour minister always works .
luckily i have direct contact with spanish motor home clubs and understand what where when things are happening .
there are many places that have been spoilt . '
i dont think i can park where i like . but do park where i like on the basis its not going to annoy others . i like to have a peacefull park up . and normally get on well with the indigonous people .
but do find the expats a miserable bunch . so dont park near them . they do think they own spain and have bought the world .
:thumb::thumb::thumb: but have fun .

Not knocking you personally, but I am knocking those selfish people who spoil things for everyone else.
You know and I know what types they are and also what nationality they are.
The Germans are the worst but the Brits and Scandinavians aren't far behind, one person finds a place to park and within a couple of years the area is full of vans.

La Marina beach car park is a good example, a few years ago there was the odd van parking there, now to look at it, you would think it was a designated campsite.

It is also the Spanish who want rid of them, not just the Ex Pats.

You can't just camp where ever you feel like, in Germany, Scandinavia or the UK so what makes these people think it's OK to do so in Spain?

Even the Itinerants don't do it.

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
hi pete . yes i agree . but i usually can park where i want . ha ha
i usually dont want to park where the rest do.
i can say the worst place is luxemburg . they really dont want anyone there .
germany and else where sensible parking and your ok . i find uk one of the easiest . but not in silly places .
in spain i find some of the best places are outside police stations . they nearly always say yes . very often have toilets and showers . its only a game .
best place in spain to park is on the algarve in portugal i say .hee hee .
i do know that morocan tourist board say 26,000vans hit maroc between nov and april .
they all vertually come through spain .
plus the rest that dont go to maroc .
i reckon it must be 50,000 vans that travel through .
bit different to when i travelled with my parents in the 60,s . if we saw 3 uk vans we had a party. those were the days my friend ,i thought they,d never end .
think there may be a song like that . hee hee .
have you heard bert the solar mans story . his dad died he was clearing out as you do and found letters that said all the good camp stops were being spoilt . we may not be able to carry on doing this in winter .
the date on the letters was 1981 .
i know the feeling .
i still use my 1974 map that i bought back then . some of the roads have changed . some places just arent on the new ones at all.

Last edited:

Dude

Free Member
Oct 22, 2010
Sussex
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
1 year
Heres a translation of the regulations

The section Alan refers to is section 1, 3.1.1 and 3.1.2 (b)

INSTRUCTION 08/V-74 FROM THE SPANISH DIRECTOR GENERAL OF TRAFFIC RELATIVE TO MOTORHOMES

MINISTRY OF INTERIOR

Subject: Motorhomes

Instruction 08/V-74

The steady growth that has been experienced in recent years in the use of motorhomes in Spain together with the lack of specific regulations of some aspects related to this activity, has led to the adoption at the plenary session of the Senate for a motion urging the Government to take the necessary measures to support the development of this practice and regulate the use of motorhomes.

For this reason, the Director General of Traffic has recognised the need to collect and interpret in a single document, all regulatory aspects that relate to motorhomes, and to include in traffic and motor vehicle legislation.

1. - CONCEPT

Annex II of the General Rules of Vehicles, approved by Royal Decree 2822/1998 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting Broken Link RemovedFREE 2822/1998 end_of_the_skype_highlighting , of December 23, defines a motor home as "a special purpose vehicle built, including living accommodation, and containing at least the following equipment: seats and table, beds and bunk beds that can be converted into seats, kitchen and wardrobes or the like. This equipment will be permanently fixed or attached to the living compartment. The seats and the table can be designed to be easily disassembled. "

This and other definitions of “vehicles” are the result of the disappearance of any existing guidelines on the matter. Specifically the Commission Directive 2001/116/EC of 20 December 2001 by which technical progress is adapted to Ruling 70/156/EEC on the approximation of laws of Member States concerning the approval of motor vehicles and trailers, paragraph 5.1 of section A of Annex II refers to a motorhome as "any special category M vehicle manufactured to include accommodation with the following minimum equipment: seats and table, beds that may be converted from the seats, kitchen and wardrobes. This equipment will be firmly fixed or attached to the habitable zone, although the table may be designed to be easily removable."

Category M vehicles ("motor vehicles with at least four wheels, designed and manufactured for the transportation of passengers") and although the Ruling (116/2001/CEE) does not say so explicitly, it can be inferred that having maximum capacity for eight seats (excluding the driver), we are referring to M1 vehicles. However, section 1 of section C of Annex II Instruction 2001/116/EC, referring to the types of bodywork of passenger cars (M1), mentions the following: AA saloon, AB saloon with a rear hatch, AC shooting break, AD coupé, AE Convertible and AF Multi Use, not referring to Motorhomes in the said paragraph 1, but does so in paragraph 5, within another category of vehicles called "special vehicles" (1).

Therefore, allowing that it deals with vehicles of category M1, the body/coachwork is not included in the category for passenger cars but in the category of so-called "special vehicles", which is not surprising since they are built on the chassis of commercial vehicles used commonly for the manufacture of vans and light trucks, where the length typically ranges between 5.50 m. and 8.00m, the average height is around 3.00 m. and the maximum permissible weight is very frequently 3,500 kg, and in some cases even more, characteristics that have nothing to do with the usual passenger car, and which affects manoeuvrability, on breaking distance, behaviour turning, etc.

Therefore, notwithstanding the existence of a series of vans, where the interior has been conditioned with accommodation, commonly known as "Camper", it can be concluded that motorhomes are normally "special purpose vehicles of category M1", whose existence is referred to, among others, in Article 2.2 of the Instruction 2001/116/EC of the commission, different to passenger cars and therefore worthy of a specific regulation in some precise areas such as in determining the maximum speed limits on roads outside of town. To the contrary, in other aspects such as circulation, stopping and parking, these are governed by the rules applicable in general to all motor vehicles.

2. - MAXIMUM SPEED

Article 48.1 a) General Rules of Circulation, approved by Royal Decree 1428/2003, of November 21 establishes the speed limits for motor vehicles on main roads out of town under the following terms:

A) Motor Vehicles

1. On motorways and freeways (autovias): passenger cars and motorcycles 120km / h; buses, vehicles derived from passenger cars and adapted hybrid vehicles, 100km / h; lorries, articulated vehicles, tractor lorries, vans and passenger cars with trailers of up to 750 kg., 90 Km / h; remaining passenger cars with trailer: 80 km / h.

2. On conventional roads marked as freeways (autovias) and on the rest of conventional roads as long as these have a hard shoulder of 1.50 m. or more in width, or more than one lane for one of the directions of traffic: passenger cars and motorcycles, 100 Km / h; buses, vehicles derived from passenger cars and adapted hybrid vehicles, 90 Km / h; lorries, articulated vehicles, tractor lorries, vans and passenger cars with trailers 80km / h.

3. On the rest of roads, out of town: passenger cars and motorcycles 90 Km / h: buses, vehicles derived from passenger cars and adapted hybrid vehicles, 80km / h, 70 km / h. lorries, articulated vehicles, tractor lorries, vans and passenger cars with trailers 70km / h.

4. On any kind of road where circulation of traffic is permitted: three wheel vehicles and quads, 70 km / h.

As motorhomes are “special category M1 vehicles" and different to passenger cars, it is considered justified not to apply the same speed limits, outside of town, as passenger cars, but to apply the speed limits for other vehicles of category M (destined for the transport of passengers), which would result in the following speed limits:

- On motorways and freeways .................................................. ............. 100 Km / h

- On conventional roads marked as roads for motor vehicles and roads with a hard shoulder of at least 1,50 m. width or with more than one lane for one of the directions of traffic .................................................. .................................................. ..... 90 Km / h

- On the rest of roads, out of town .................................................. .......... 80 Km / h

The following speed limits will apply to motorhomes which are driven without trailers, classified on the MOT card with the following codes:

- 3148 (mixed vehicle/accommodation)
- 3200 (unspecified motorhome with MMA less than or equal to 3,500 kg.)
- 3248 (motorhome with accommodation with MMA less than or equal to 3,500 kg.)

The motorhomes classified with codes:

- 3300 (unspecified motorhome with MMA over 3,500 Kg.)
- 3348 (motorhome with accommodation with MMA over 3,500 Kg.)
- 2448 (Van with accommodation)

will be governed by the same speed limits as for lorries (on account of the maximum permissible weight = MMA) and the rest of vans: 90 Km / h on motorways and freeways, and 80 km / h on conventional roads.

On urban roadways, regardless of the classification code, motorhomes will be subject to the general speed limit for all vehicles of 50km / h, as stipulated in Article 50 of the General Traffic Regulations.

3. - STOPPING AND PARKING

Under the heading "Stopping and parking," the General Traffic Regulations regulate in Chapter VIII (Articles 90 to 94), the rules applicable to these manoeuvres, regarding places where these manoeuvres can be made, method and form of execution, position of vehicle, Municipal Ordinance and prohibited places, which must be observed by all vehicles in general.

3.1 urban roadways

Regarding places where stopping and parking in urban streets should be carried out, Article 90.2 of the General Traffic Regulations indicate in the second paragraph what should be observed in effect of the provisions of the ordinances decreed by the Municipal Authorities, in connection with which Article 93 states:

1. The regime of stopping and parking in urban streets will be regulated by municipal ordinance, and the necessary measures may be taken to prevent the obstruction of traffic, including time limits for the duration of parking or stopping, as well as the precise corrective measures, including the clamping or towing of the vehicle when a valid parking ticket is not displayed which authorises parking in zones limited by time or exceed the time limit granted and until the identity of the driver can be ascertained.

2. In no event may the municipal ordinance oppose, alter, distort, or cause confusion with the precepts of this regulation.

One of the most frequent complaints made before the Traffic Department by users of motorhomes is the prohibition to park which is applied to these vehicles, in part or in entirety, on the urban streets and which some municipalities incorporate into their ordinances.

These regulations are made under Article 7 of the articles of the Law on Traffic, Traffic and Motor Vehicle Safety, approved by Royal Decree 339/1990 of March 2, which give municipalities a series of competencies, within that law, including:

b) The regulation by Municipal Traffic Ordinance on the use of urban roads, making compatible the fair distribution of parking among all users, with the necessary flow of traffic, as well as the establishment of limited parking, to ensure the rotation of parking, ..”

Therefore, in the opinion of the General Director of Traffic it is indisputable that the exclusion of certain users must be necessarily motivated and based on reasonable objections such as the external dimensions of the vehicle or the maximum permissible weight (MMA) of the vehicle but not by use of subjective reasons such as: possible uncivilised behaviour by some users such as noise at night, dumping of garbage or waste water onto the public road, monopolization of public space by erecting structures and furnishings or other situations of abuse against which local authorities have effective legal tools to be used in a non-discriminatory manner against all violators, whether users of motorhomes or any other type of vehicle.

Motorhome users are permitted to carry out manoeuvres of stopping and parking in the same conditions and with the same limitations as any other vehicle.

With regard to the mode and manner of implementation of stopping and parking, Article 91 of the General Traffic Regulations states that these exercises "should be made so that the vehicle does not hamper the circulation of traffic nor is a risk to other users the road, especially observing the positioning of the vehicle and avoiding that the vehicle is able to move in the absence of the driver.

As to the positioning of the vehicle, the cited Article 92 of the General Traffic Regulations state:

"1.Stopping and parking will be conducted by placing the vehicle in parallel to the kerb of the street or roadway. As an exception, an alternative positioning will be permitted when the characteristics of the street or roadway or other circumstances so warrant.

2. Any driver who stops or parks the vehicle must do so in a way that allows a maximum use of the remaining space available.

3. In the case of a motor vehicle or motorcycle, when the driver has to abandon the vehicle, the following rules should be observed, where applicable:

a) Stop the engine and disconnect the ignition and, if leaving the vehicle, take the necessary precautions to prevent its unauthorized use.

b) Engage the hand-brake.
c) In a vehicle equipped with gearbox, leave the first gear engaged if parked on an upward slope, and the reverse gear engaged if parked on downward slope, or, in the parking position if automatic
d) When the vehicle is superior to 3,500 kilograms of maximum permissible weight (MMA), a bus or coach or a combination of vehicles, and when stopping or parking is conducted in a place with a marked slope, the driver must also use proper wheel blocks; stones, bricks or other items not specifically intended for this use cannot be used, nor by resting one of the wheels on the kerb of the pavement, nor by inclining the wheels towards the centre of the road on upward slopes nor outwards on downward slopes. The wheel blocks must be removed from the road after use and prior to driving away.

The General Traffic Regulations do not establish any other conditions for stopping or parking a vehicle, so, therefore, this General Directorate of Traffic believes that while any vehicle is parked properly, without exceeding markings on the delimitation of the parking space, nor exceeds the time permitted, if any, it is irrelevant whether the occupants are inside the vehicle, and the motorhome is no exception, being sufficient that the activity in the interior does not transcend to the exterior by the setting up of elements which surpass the perimeter of the vehicle such as stalls, awnings, levelling devices, stabilizing devices, etc.

3.2 intercity routes (Highways)

Article 90.1 of the General Traffic Regulations defines the places where stopping and parking should be carried out on intercity routes noting that this should be done as far away from the roadway, on the right hand side, leaving part of the hard shoulder free for transit.

In general, on motorways and highways it is forbidden to carry out manoeuvres of stopping and parking for all vehicles, except in areas specially assigned for these manoeuvres.

The General Traffic Regulations, Article 91, on stopping and parking on intercity routes concerning the method and manner of implementation already covered in the previous point, as well as the considerations in relation to parking in urban streets and the presence of people inside a vehicle correctly parked, without prejudice to the possibility of parking in areas of service stations or on private land where other conditions can be agreed with the owners.

Other concepts in some way associated with the parking of motorhomes, such as camping and overnight stays are not included in the rule on circulation of motor vehicles and road safety, therefore, this agency cannot pronounce on the definition or on the implications.

4. - SEAT-BELT USE AND RESTRAINT DEVICES

Seat belts or other approved restraint systems, properly fastened by the driver and passengers of motor homes in both urban and intercity routes must be used.

Failure to meet this obligation by certain people depending on their size and age to match the following requirements:

1. - Front seats: It is forbidden to circulate with minors under twelve years of age in the front seats unless they use devices approved for that purpose. Exceptionally, when the height of the minor is equal to, or in excess of, 135 cm, children of twelve years may use as such a device the same seat belt for adults that are equipped in the front seats.

2 .- Other seats: People whose height reaches 135 cm and does not exceed 150 cm may use either an approved restraint system adapted to their height and weight or seat belts for adults that are equipped in the these seats.

3 .- In motorhomes that are not equipped with approved safety devices specially adapted to the size and weight of the users, children under three years of age will not be permitted to travel and those older than three years that have failed to reach the 135-centimeter, can not take a front seat.

The rules as set out completely exclude the possibility of occupying the beds or bunks of a motorhome whilst in circulation, due to the obvious risk to the occupants in the event of sudden braking, collision or rollover, but you can occupy seats equipped with approved retention systems, provided that the number of people travelling in the vehicle, either in the cockpit or in the living area, does not exceed the legally permitted places that are recorded in the documentation of the vehicle.

5. - EQUIPMENT

The minimum equipment which a motorhome should carry, will be in accordance with Annex XII of the General Rules of Vehicle, as follows: One set of replacement light bulbs, in prime condition and the necessary tools to change the light bulbs; two portable, red, triangle devices to forewarn of danger; a spare wheel or a temporary wheel with the necessary tools required to change the wheel or an alternative system, which offers sufficient guarantee for the mobility of the vehicle.

Likewise, when drivers leave the vehicle and occupy the road or the hard shoulder on intercity routes a high-visibility reflective vest, certified according to the Royal Decree 1407/1992, of November 20, must be used.

6. - TECHNICAL INSPECTION (MOT)

According to Royal Decree 711/2006, of June 9, in which certain royal decrees relating to the MOT inspection of vehicles and vehicle spares and parts and the approval of vehicles, has been modified, therefore the General Vehicle Regulations, approved by royal decree 2822/1998 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting Broken Link RemovedFREE 2822/1998 end_of_the_skype_highlighting of December 23, the following frequency of inspection to the motorhome and living accommodation:

Age of vehicle:

- Up to four years: exempt.
- More than four years: every two years.
- More than ten years: annual

7. – SERVICE AREAS OR REST AREAS

These are facilities designed specifically to service or host motorhomes providing a range of necessary services for these vehicles, primarily: parking, drinking water supply and place to empty deposits.

Unlike Camp Sites, service or host areas provide the physical space strictly necessary to park the vehicle and can be publicly or privately owned.

There are about 60 such facilities in Spain, for which, through the motion by the full Senate on May 9, 2006, the Government was urged to create a traffic road sign within the road signal service area.

The General Directorate of Traffic believes that, without prejudice to the future design and inclusion in the official catalogue of traffic road signs of a specific design indicating the location of a service or host area for motor homes, the current signal S-122 "other services” in the official catalogue of traffic signs added to Annex I of the General Rules of Circulation allows this need to be satisfied by including a simple pictogram.

8. - AUXILIARY TRANSPORT VEHICLES

It is very common for motorhomes to transport auxiliary vehicles, usually bicycles, a motorcycle or a moped of small cylinder capacity. This practice is authorised provided an approved cycle carrier or platform for this purpose is used and when this overhangs the perimeter of the motorhome, the following conditions are met in accordance with the provisions of Articles 15 of the General Rules of Circulation:

If it protrudes from the projection in plant of the motorhome, at the rear, up to 10% of its length and if only one vehicle (indivisible load), 15%.

All appropriate precautions should be taken to prevent damage or hazard to other road users, and the protruding element should be protected to minimize damage by possible rubbing against it or collision.

The carrier should be marked by the signal V-20 referred to in Article 173 and whose features are set out in Annex XI of the General Rules of vehicles. This signal is placed at the rear of the cargo so as to constantly be perpendicular to the axis of the vehicle.

Consultations have also been made on the possibility of a motorhome being allowed to tow a car, that possibility is prohibited by Article 9.3 of the General Rules of vehicles that will not allow circulation of a motor vehicle dragging another, except that this is damaged or broken down and cannot be towed by another specifically intended for that purpose, in which case it is allowed to tow to the nearest town or village where it can be detained without hindering the traffic and always provided they are not travelling on a motorway or highway.

Notwithstanding the foregoing, the circulation of a combination composed of a motor vehicle and a trailer or semi trailer on which another vehicle is transported, is allowed if the combination meets the conditions for driving on public roads and is approved according to Directives 70/156/EEC and 94/20/EC and also does not exceed the maximum permitted length for these combinations which is that of 18.75 meters for trailers and16.50 meters for semi trailers.

To be made public for general knowledge.

Madrid, Jan. 28, 2008

THE DIRECTOR GENERAL

Pere Navarro Olivella

TO BE DISTRIBUTED TO ALL UNITS OF THE AGENCY

Momo

Free Member
Sep 19, 2008
Valencia City, Spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
I'm a newbie.
All the necessary documents on Spain can be downloaded from the following links to the MHF download page:

http://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/downloads/touring-information/12/spanish-instruccion-08-v74-70/

http://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/downloads/touring-information/12/spanish-instruction-08v-74-english-110/

http://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/downloads/touring-information/12/catalunya-comunicat-03-2008-transit-111/

http://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/downloads/touring-information/12/flyer-window-display-when-parked-spain-109/

Recommend anybody travelling to Spain should download and print off several copies of the Spanish/Catalan versions to show to the Police (they usually keep the copy as most haven't ever seen it!) The English version is only for your info. :thumb:

bryandh

Free Member
Jan 17, 2011
Malaga, Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class. FFB Tabbert 570
Exp
Since 2010
Have parked sensibly and with consideration in the CENTRE of Madrid/Barcelona/Valencia/Toledo/Cuenca/Malaga, and many other areas for 2/3 days at a time....... never had a problem with CNP/Policia Local or Guardia nor with the locals. But of course, unlike many, I do not use levelling blocks, awning, deck chairs etc and definitely ....no laundry festooned around van, that really does p**s everybody off.:winky:

Regards (and happy parking) Bryan

PS: We always make a point of buying from local shops, bars, restaurants etc, helps a lot

Momo

Free Member
Sep 19, 2008
Valencia City, Spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
I'm a newbie.
Have parked sensibly and with consideration in the CENTRE of Madrid/Barcelona/Valencia/Toledo/Cuenca/Malaga, and many other areas for 2/3 days at a time....... never had a problem with CNP/Policia Local or Guardia nor with the locals. But of course, unlike many, I do not use levelling blocks, awning, deck chairs etc and definitely ....no laundry festooned around van, that really does p**s everybody off.:winky:

Regards (and happy parking) Bryan

PS: We always make a point of buying from local shops, bars, restaurants etc, helps a lot

Yes Bryan, spot on! I've even seen some having a BBQ on the pavement! :Blush:

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
hiya momo .
might be down your way later in the year .
i,m not smart enough to put all the links . but i,m glad i have them all. thanks for that.
good to hear from you .keep smiling .
cheers alan.

Deleted User
In Alvor the council have now blocked off a large part of the area where motorhomes used to 'camp' and have started charging €4( I think ) to use an area nearer to the beach. there are signs to the effect that this is for parking only and no camping, awnings, chairs etc but went past yesterday and lots of awnings, chairs etc. How long before this facility is withdrawn because of misuse.

Last edited by a moderator:

walmic

Free Member
Jun 15, 2010
bridlington
Funster No
MH
swift sundance
Exp
Not surprised! They closed this area to wild camping last year as well!

However there are 2 great, cheap campsites just by the sea front---by roundabout and lighthouse.

Good nearby is the bottom car park on the beach at Nerja, a little north of torre.

The spanish cops ARE getting keen on wild campers all down the coast.

However the portugese are not---brilliant is BOCCA beach!

Dude

Free Member
Oct 22, 2010
Sussex
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
1 year
All the necessary documents on Spain can be downloaded from the following links to the MHF download page:

http://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/downloads/touring-information/12/spanish-instruccion-08-v74-70/

http://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/downloads/touring-information/12/spanish-instruction-08v-74-english-110/

http://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/downloads/touring-information/12/catalunya-comunicat-03-2008-transit-111/

http://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/downloads/touring-information/12/flyer-window-display-when-parked-spain-109/

Recommend anybody travelling to Spain should download and print off several copies of the Spanish/Catalan versions to show to the Police (they usually keep the copy as most haven't ever seen it!) The English version is only for your info. :thumb:

Thats very useful but the Catalan version won't download it just opens in like a word doc.

Momo

Free Member
Sep 19, 2008
Valencia City, Spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
I'm a newbie.
hiya momo .
might be down your way later in the year .
i,m not smart enough to put all the links . but i,m glad i have them all. thanks for that.
good to hear from you .keep smiling .
cheers alan.

Hi there Alan: I'll pm you with my phone numbers so you can contact me when you are down this way. Glad the links came in useful to you now and also the documents were useful when you were in Spain.

Good to hear from you too! ::bigsmile:

Momo

Dude

Free Member
Oct 22, 2010
Sussex
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
1 year
I just tried it Dude and it opens as an 8 page .pdf document, not word.

Yeah I opened it but how do I keep it so I can print it? Please reply in idiot format as im not too pc savvy:Doh:

Momo

Free Member
Sep 19, 2008
Valencia City, Spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
I'm a newbie.
Yeah I opened it but how do I keep it so I can print it? Please reply in idiot format as im not too pc savvy:Doh:

First you have to download and install Adobe Reader and Adobe Flash Player which are free:

http://www.adobe.com

Then on opening the link:

when you place mouse on document you will see the image of a disc on which you should click and it should ask you where you wish to save the document on your pc (I have a file on desktop called Downloads to which I save everything) - then just wait for document to download depending on speed.

If you do all the above you should have no problem downloading and saving.

If you still have difficulties send me an email to:

momoac@ono.com

and I'll send it directly to you but you will still need to install Adobe Reader and Flash Player to be able to open and print copies.

Momo :thumb:

Last edited:

Dude

Free Member
Oct 22, 2010
Sussex
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
1 year
First you have to download and install Adobe Reader and Adobe Flash Player which are free:

http://www.adobe.com

Then on opening the link:

when you place mouse on document you will see the image of a disc on which you should click and it should ask you where you wish to save the document on your pc (I have a file on desktop called Downloads to which I save everything) - then just wait for document to download depending on speed.

If you do all the above you should have no problem downloading and saving.

If you still have difficulties send me an email to:

momoac@ono.com

and I'll send it directly to you but you will still need to install Adobe Reader and Flash Player to be able to open and print copies.

Momo :thumb:

Thanks for the help, i'll have a go !!!:helptitanic:

Dude

Free Member
Oct 22, 2010
Sussex
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
1 year
Must have the adobe already because a small control panel came up at the bottom and when I held the cursor over it it said save.

OP
OP
Neil n Pat
Jul 27, 2011
Kilmun, Dunoon
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sport TI
Exp
Since 2012
Torre Del Mar update

Last weekend we where down the coast again avoiding Torre Del Mar which is now a ghost town for motorhomes. The local Ayuntimiento must of found some cash in the coffers seeing the amount of signs that have been erected on every road coming into TDM as well as the signs witihin TDM. Bit of a contradiction really has the approach road signs have a total ban whilst the signs within TDM at certain favourite locations have a time ban i.e. 2100hrs to 0900hrs.
Last night I was chatting to Mick a fellow funster in El Faro who had come down from Santander to get some sun. I enquired where he was parked up. He was parked up in a carpark right on the front and centre of TDM paying the attendent 1 euro for 24hrs. with permission to stay sleep over. The entrance to the road with the car park along the front even has a motorhome banning sign. Apparently if you pay in a car park run by the council which has a big blue 'P' at the entrance the local police cannot touch you. To echo this an ex Guadia Civil officer confirmed this. The local Spanish motorhomers display the 'NO ACAMPADO' signs which a fellow funster has kindly given a link to in a previous post which helps the uneducated officers. Goes without saying whilst 'parked' no wedges, no washing, no steps out and no satellite dishes up to confirm you are actually parked and not camping. No red lights either if you park at the end of the Paseo Maritimo, you may get a knock of a different kind.
I'll give an update in few weeks as we are heading to Gib to stay at Europa point. Anyone wildcamped there ?

atb

:thumb::thumb:

Never know what you've got in the pc! :Doh:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back