Torre del Mar - freeloading (sorry, meant wild camping!) (1 Viewer)

Momo

Free Member
Sep 19, 2008
Valencia City, Spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
I'm a newbie.
As @gus-lopez points out...this is illegal! In the download section I posted all the paraphernalia which people should carry with them also the exact Spanish law which governs motorhomes and parking.

Parking i.e. not camping!

The sad thing is that most policemen don't even know this law exists!

Anybody travelling to Spain with a motorhome should download and photocopy all documents and show to any police officer who questions "Parking". They are usually amazed but as @vwalan will state they have made life much easier for motorhomers in Spain.

It is illegal to differentiate between a Motorhome and a Motor car. Wherever a car can park so can a Motorhome!

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
As @gus-lopez points out...this is illegal! In the download section I posted all the paraphernalia which people should carry with them also the exact Spanish law which governs motorhomes and parking.

Anybody travelling to Spain with a motorhome should download and photocopy all documents and show to any police officer who questions "Parking". They are usually amazed but as @vwalan will state they have made life much easier for motorhomers in Spain.

It is illegal to differentiate between a Motorhome and a Motor car. Wherever a car can park so can a Motorhome!
I done a search in the resources section and nothing came back ?

Momo

Free Member
Sep 19, 2008
Valencia City, Spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
I'm a newbie.
@PhilandMena - If you (and anyone else) would like copies of all the documents which have disappeared out of Resources, please email me on:

momoac@ono.com

I can't upload them again as I keep getting an error message about Flash Player!

If anybody knows how to fix this please advise! Thanks! :Smile:

Dec 28, 2015
lake district
Funster No
MH
low profile mh
Exp
Since 2015
We were moved on from torre del mar by the plodicus spanicus. We tried all the sites and they were full. We asked campings and restaurants about the policy and they all said that the police would come at 9pm and move on the motorhomes.
Sadly even armed with the policy document, how many of us would stand our ground?

Similarly at La Cala de Mijas, we went shopping and parked at the main gravel car park. We drove in past signs that say no entry to motorhomes, but about 50 had ignored the signs

Jul 13, 2008
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Since 2007

So are you saying the banning of motorhome parking between 21.00 and 09.00 is illegal in Torre del Mar?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
BreweryDave

BreweryDave

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2011
Alvor, Algarve
Funster No
MH
None now!
Exp
Clearly there is a national law stating it may be legal, but local Ayntiamentos make their own local rules. Same as most uk councils do re parking.
I've seen on many FB groups that this is happening all the time now up and down the coast, moreso in the more popular coastal areas.
At the end of the day, if el plodo asks you to move on, do you argue the toss with them??? I think not, they have guns and spare cell space :eek:

Dec 2, 2010
Hollywood, Birmingham.
Funster No
MH
A Class Laika
Exp
Since 2011
Similarly at La Cala de Mijas, we went shopping and parked at the main gravel car park. We drove in past signs that say no entry to motorhomes, but about 50 had ignored the signs

We were there a few days ago, the sign actually says no entry to unregistered motorhomes, unregistered meaning that you have to wander off to the Mijas town hall and register your van there with the local police, you need passport, V5 and vehicle insurance certificate. You then get a permit for 72 hours. Oh, and don't expect to empty your cassette on market day, a local official parks his car over the top of the dump point. They also laid a row of concrete blocks along the road to restrict the numbers, I think the official limit is 30 vans, good luck with that. Nice little town.:)

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
So are you saying the banning of motorhome parking between 21.00 and 09.00 is illegal in Torre del Mar?

Yes & at any other time. It is illegal to differentiate.as @Momo said between vehicles.

Clearly there is a national law stating it may be legal, but local Ayntiamentos make their own local rules. Same as most uk councils do re parking.
I've seen on many FB groups that this is happening all the time now up and down the coast, moreso in the more popular coastal areas.
At the end of the day, if el plodo asks you to move on, do you argue the toss with them??? I think not, they have guns and spare cell space :eek:

& that is what started it all . The local councils putting up illegal signs. Which is what they are. & no they cannot overrule the national law.
Additionally the ones enforcing it , the 'Policía Local' are the "mayors" police force. They come under the direction of him.
Generally regarded as a cross between a traffic warden, lollipop lady & the Mayor's tea people.

If you stand your ground & call the Guardia .If you have the papers there won't be a problem in the end.

Most Spanish that had been illegally moved on, especially up in Galicia & Asturias where it used to be a problem with campsite owners calling in favours, had stickers made up stating that they were "Parked" & not "Camped" that you cannot differentiate & stating the law that is applicable. I hadn't seen one for some while but spotted when & photographed it , yesterday in Lorca. I'll post it when I can workout how to get it off the phone without removing the card :(

The big question: Is the pen mightier than a 9mm handgun ?
As long as he doesn't attempt to use it he'll be ok.(y)

Jul 13, 2008
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Since 2007
Yes & at any other time. It is illegal to differentiate.as @Momo said between vehicles.

& that is what started it all . The local councils putting up illegal signs. Which is what they are. & no they cannot overrule the national law.
Additionally the ones enforcing it , the 'Policía Local' are the "mayors" police force. They come under the direction of him.
Generally regarded as a cross between a traffic warden, lollipop lady & the Mayor's tea people.

If you stand your ground & call the Guardia .If you have the papers there won't be a problem in the end.

Most Spanish that had been illegally moved on, especially up in Galicia & Asturias where it used to be a problem with campsite owners calling in favours, had stickers made up stating that they were "Parked" & not "Camped" that you cannot differentiate & stating the law that is applicable. I hadn't seen one for some while but spotted when & photographed it , yesterday in Lorca. I'll post it when I can workout how to get it off the phone without removing the card :(

As long as he doesn't attempt to use it he'll be ok.(y)
I messaged N332 police FB group in 2015 about an area Near La Marina.
2017_02_11_11.25.20.png
2017_02_11_11.25.50.png

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
I have a friend who lives in Spain who has asked his politician for clarification on this subject and I now have their response. If the car park is on land owned by the local council they can set what ever rules they want. However, the local roads would be subject to National laws and you could park in the same way that a car could park. If asked by the local plod to move on and your parking ask for the Guardia Civil to attend. Apparently the phone number is different in each location.

OP
OP
BreweryDave

BreweryDave

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2011
Alvor, Algarve
Funster No
MH
None now!
Exp
Well, they're creeping back here in TDM !
There are 2 carthago's parked right outside my block - been there all weekend.

I'll be getting mine out of storage next week to have new tyres and a new cam belt fitted - have copied out the flyer posted above and will park outside my block too ! See what happens.

moulin 87

Free Member
Aug 31, 2015
Limousin, France
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Espirit T7150
Exp
Well, they're creeping back here in TDM !
There are 2 carthago's parked right outside my block - been there all weekend.

I'll be getting mine out of storage next week to have new tyres and a new cam belt fitted - have copied out the flyer posted above and will park outside my block too ! See what happens.

The large area at Torrox costa was empty when I went past this afternoon, but we did see one of the beach car parks west of Nerja was quite full...Morellos in the main with a few large Hymers and Dethleffs...
I

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back