Torn between two vans (1 Viewer)

Oct 29, 2019
Funster No
MH
Currently looking
Exp
returning
I wonder if anyone out there can help me with my dilemma. I am torn between two vans. They are almost the same price. They are the same year, I can't see any difference in their condition, MOT checks don't show much difference either. Both 6m long, layouts are similar. Both at the same dealer.
Van 1 has a good sized garage, an acceptable layout inside, with raised transverse bed, cab air con. 2L, 40,000 miles.
Van 2 has a small, just about adequate garage, a better layout inside, French bed, no cab air con. 2.8L, 58,000 miles.

Primarily, the advice I am looking for is on the mileage and engine size - how much of a drawback is 50% more miles? The extra power - do I need it? How much will that impact on fuel consumption?

Presumably lots of people get to this point in their search - this one or that one. How do you decide?

Feb 4, 2010
Leeds
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Home and abroad since 2005
My Compass Suntor 2005 has 120000 miles on. Peugeot Boxer 2 litre.Just me driving since new in 2005. Full service history. Should I be concerned traversing Europe with such a high mileage vehicle. Full service history. Is my worry all in my head?

Upvote 0
May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
My Compass Suntor 2005 has 120000 miles on. Peugeot Boxer 2 litre.Just me driving since new in 2005. Full service history. Should I be concerned traversing Europe with such a high mileage vehicle. Full service history. Is my worry all in my head?
Sounds like it’s just been run in nicely and now to do a good run.....??

I wouldn’t worry one bit, you know every inch of it.... go and enjoy like you have for the last 14yrs...?

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back