Toptron CH12 charger and TCP MC1 control panel details (1 Viewer)

jeffcav

Free Member
Jun 2, 2020
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Hobby 700
Exp
Hi Folks, after much searching I managed to find a data sheet for the charger fitted to my 02 hobby 700, it is in German, but google translate helped me make sense of it.
I am attaching it here for posterity with both English and German translations.
it has some interesting info,
like if you park up for extended periods with mains plugged in the engine battery will only be charged once, to charge it again you need to disconnect the mains for 10seconds and reconnect it, if the Aux battery is full and no consumer 12v loads are switched on the engine battery will charge again.

I dont know about you but this explains a flat battery I had last time out.

hope it helps.

Attachments

• Toptron TCP MC1 & CH12 MC1 Technische Produkte für die Freizeit TNR.pdf
    206.8 KB · Views: 258
Jul 22, 2023
Funster No
MH
Fiat Hobby 750
Hi many thanks for this explaation. My amp meter is not working, I thought it was but it was well to the left, I couldn't think what was using the power. I hooked up on a site and the LED never changed from red.
It seemed not possible, so I opened up.the charger unit, I ve been in maintenance all my life, so never afraid to take things apart, or be daunted at the prospect of having bits left over when I put it back 😀.
Anyway I.saw two solenoids , that were grubby , the van is Y reg so OLD.
I manipulated these, and hey presto my unit is charging the leisure batteries once again.
So thanks for the info it allowed to discount the power usage angle. Sometimes its what you don't see, that, is the clue

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back