Rally TOPSHAM RUGBY CLUB, EXETER ROAD, TOPSHAM, EXETER, DEVON. EX3 0LY 16th-23rd May (2 Viewers)

Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Heading to the Rally today first one in a long while.
I'm coming from Worthing Sussex area. Does anyone know any stop overs on route. Anything will do from free to expensive.
Thanks in advance Paul.
Did I read we're to bring a raffle prize?
Cartgate services on the A303 at Yeovil just past Podimore services still comes up on Campercontact. It’s free and then not much more than an hour to Topsham. It’s the roundabout on the junction with A3088. Serves the truckers so there are toilets and a cafe. No idea what it’s like mind you as it’s too close to home for us.

Yes you must bring a raffle prize but Derek has requested that it be something you’d like to win so no old tat!

OP
Emmit

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Burstner A Class
Exp
Jan.2014
Heading to the Rally today first one in a long while.
I'm coming from Worthing Sussex area. Does anyone know any stop overs on route. Anything will do from free to expensive.
Thanks in advance Paul.
Did I read we're to bring a raffle prize?
Bring with you?
Buy in Topsham?

As you wish. Your choice but whatever it is, it will be received with pleasure.

Regards

Derek

Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
For those of you coming down the A303 that’s cheaper than Podimore 99p and currently there’s none at Sparkford (Camel services) Texaco garage just past the roundabout where I normally get it.

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Tip for anyone planning to use the train to explore once at Topsham - booking tickets direct through GWR https://www.gwr.com/ has no booking fee unlike Trainline - saves at least 79p per booking. If using the Two Together or Senior Railcard it's from just £5.10 total open day return for two people for Exmouth & around the same for Exeter Central both 10-15 minute trips & regular service plus several destinations for as little as £8 return (for two) beyond that (y) A handy alternative for those of us who don't yet have a bus pass.

Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Tip for anyone planning to use the train to explore once at Topsham - booking tickets direct through GWR https://www.gwr.com/ has no booking fee unlike Trainline - saves at least 79p per booking. If using the Two Together or Senior Railcard it's from just £5.10 total open day return for two people for Exmouth & around the same for Exeter Central both 10-15 minute trips & regular service plus several destinations for as little as £8 return (for two) beyond that (y) A handy alternative for those of us who don't yet have a bus pass.
It’s really good value, annoying that last year we’d walk one way and two singles is £5 ! Punished for trying to be fit bah humbug although you do walk past the Marine training ground on the way to Exmouth which helps ladies.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
Emmit

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Burstner A Class
Exp
Jan.2014
Good afternoon,

A message has been posted on the Conversation re this rally.
Please read and if you have any questions, please ring me on the Tel. No. provided.

Thank you

Regards
Derek

OP
Emmit

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Burstner A Class
Exp
Jan.2014
An update on the river trip/railtrip to Exmouth.

I am advised that the Thursday trip is booked out.
That leaves only today and the boat leaves at 11.00am.
The Tel. No. to ring to book (to avoid disappointment) is on the Notice Board.

Funsters who are viewing this thread