mentaliss

Free Member
Nov 2, 2012
Lancing
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
My motorhome isn't a boneshaker by any stretch, but as I'm driving along there is definitely some rattling going on.

I was wondering if anyone had any top top tips to silence the rattles.
The lady and I have spent many hours over many tours sorting this problem out and we think we have the answer..that is if you really want to crack this frustrating annoyance...Purchase a metre or so of the heat resistance material that you put on the surface of your £1000.00 dining table:D...make up pockets, yes pockets to put your plates, saucers, cups etc, they can go in loose make sure the pocket has a flap..(Velcro) makes it easier.....once inside the pockets and shut away in the locker they will be secure and you will not here them chattering:LOL:

OP
OP
yorkieman
Jun 10, 2011
Yorkshire (nr. Leeds)
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2011 (so a bit of a newbie)
Wowee!!! What an amazing number of tips, tricks and techniques. You guys are experts at this motorhoming lark.

I think I'm going to have to print this out and have a board meeting with the missus and then devote a weekend to doing what ever suggestions she signs off.

Oh, and of course, she is in charge of linen and towels (even if she is the boss she still needs a job) so I can keep her busy on those, as well as maybe the bubble wrap.

OG1

Dec 9, 2013
Sutton on Sea camping
Funster No
MH
RAPIDO 7066F
Exp
Since 2008
Don’t mind the Rattles keeps the wife awake, so I don’t hear her snoring.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 1, 2017
eastbourne
Funster No
MH
van conversion, Peug
Exp
4 years
I REALLY hate rattles.. to the point I sold an almost new Smart Car a while back cos there was a rattle in one of the rear 1/4 panels that no one could trace ( Merc dealer took the damned thing apart piece by piece and could not find the cause even though they could hear it !! Gave me a good price on it agin another one ! :winky: )

But like others, we use that anti-slip mat stuff from the pound shop..
In fact we use it all over the place.. Can even leave all the tea making stuff sitting on it on the top of the work surface while travelling
We kept getting a loud clonking noise on braking and acceleration in our car.
Couldnt find what it was . Back into Peugeot on warranty.
They rang me 5 minutes later…,,bottle of prosecco under drivers seat…. 🙄

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back