Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
The silicone tubing I got came out of a scrap combi boiler so if you know a plumber they should be able to get some.

Ed Excel

Free Member
Nov 27, 2012
Ribble Valley
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Started 2007
Convoluted grey silicon tubing from Aldi, for the oven shelves. Softly inflated ball in the oven cavity, to silence the grill assembly.
Also, get your tyre pressures as low as possible and make sure your back tyres are balanced.

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
We use most of the methods already mentioned, but we also bought some cheap small cushions which we can stuff in the overhead lockers to reduce rattles. Recently I found a pack of felt circles for a couple of pounds in Dunelm, which are excellent for slipping between plates etc.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

wingman

Free Member
Feb 10, 2013
Romford, Essex
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Lo-Profile
Exp
Since 2012
To echo, bubble wrap is fine but thick compared with anti-slip rubber matting (£1 a roll from pound shop). It's brill! Cut it to any size and stuff it anywhere. I clamp the oven shelf with small plastic clamps (remembering to remove them prior to cooking!)

Some folk also use neoprene tablet computer sleeves (also from pound shops) to put plates in or to separate plates with.

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
Empty hangers in the wardrobe can be silenced by use pipe lagging on the rail, just push the hangers onto it.

The worst rattle we ever had was in an RV and the blinds were the culprit. Cut up draught excluder and stick small bits between the blind and the window stopped them rattling.

Our oven door is one offender so we trap a bit of the none slip between the door and the casing to stop it.
whats an empty hanger? the wardrobe is one place thats always silent

Sep 2, 2014
Gloucester
Funster No
MH
Self-converted Van
Exp
Since 2014
Went for a test drive recently...first one ever in a MH! Good God above. Sounded like the 1812 Overture in the back with all the noise from the cooker especially! Buying the brute anyway, and have a cunning plan to sort out the noise! ;)

adriacoral

Free Member
Apr 3, 2011
shropshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2009
Tea towels ....wrap oven shelves together in a tea towel and leave in oven.tea towels everywhere!

tambo

Free Member
Jun 21, 2014
Dunfermline fife scotland
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
MH Since 2008, ex tugger and vw campers since 1992
I just got used to them

And makes me appreciate the car much more

But you could always tow a caravan lol don't hear any rattles then

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Arto 88F Tag
Exp
since 2013
Small rectangular sponges used for dish washing. They can be bought in bulk packs and ideal between plates, in the oven door, etc

wellsprungalice

Free Member
May 23, 2014
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
2 years with a campervan; saw the light, now mortorhome newbie
We have a couple of those heat-proof silicone squares for putting hot dishes on - they work as non-slip mats under the plates. Saucepans are contained in a plastic box (reduces tinny rattles and easy for pulling out of the bottom cupboard to find what you want, too). And we got a 'portable draining board' in a cheap shop - it's like a rubberised spongy cloth that you can stack plates and cups on when washing up. It goes in the microwave/grill when not in use to stop the bits rattling round in there.

Sep 10, 2013
Chelmsford Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Getting better
Tea Towels..........can't have too many. That non slip mat stuff cut to fit all shelves and lockers. Frequently we stop after the first mile or so and fix any bad rattles with more tea towels!! Then progress is generally quiet.

Soozywoozy

Free Member
Feb 18, 2014
Oxfordshire - edge of the cotswolds
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 704SL
Exp
2014, 2 motorhomes
61iLB7gJFqL._SL1500_.jpg
However I am on the look out for that there expanding polysterene criss cross stuff to put my glasses in :wine: cannot do plastic wine glasses!

can someone please shout out if they see any

We have these (which are drawer organisers officially) in a variety of sizes for our china mugs and wine glasses - keeps them neat and tidy and seperated Just make sure you measure up- some of them have movable dividers, but there should be something suitable

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=bl_sr...ywords=Periea&index=kitchen-uk&search-type=ss

Sep 21, 2013
Isle of Wight
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since Apr 2013
View attachment 41389 However I am on the look out for that there expanding polysterene criss cross stuff to put my glasses in :wine: cannot do plastic wine glasses!

Avocados are usually wrapped in them so start eating as many avocados as you've got wine glasses

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
whats an empty hanger? the wardrobe is one place thats always silent

A hanger with no clothes on it. :rofl::rofl: One may be silent but 2, or more, bang against each other once you remove the t-shirts, blouses ect. Simple solution, don't put them next to each other, but TOH doesn't always remember.:doh:

Ed Excel

Free Member
Nov 27, 2012
Ribble Valley
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Started 2007
Paper plates fit between most things, my socks for bottles and that grey tubular silicon stuff from Aldi for the oven shelf; Their oven liner's good, too, for subduing grill pan noises.

Vlad The Impaler

Free Member
Apr 22, 2012
Rutland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012 but longer in my dreams
Expanding foam !

Vlad

Mar 11, 2014
Lincs
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2010
Well, Vlad has got it nearly right! On my rattly blind (abeit side window not roof) I place a bit of foam between the blind and the cassette holding the blind. Only the biggest blind rattles so it only needs to be done on the one before we set off. On one of the other windows the window arms (stays?) rattles and so I use double sided velcro wrapped around them. Like others bubble wrap for the grill, and a squishy cushion in the crockery drawer.

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
A large car-sponge wedged between the grill pan and grill (after it's cooled down, of course!) works well for us.

A plastic container the size of the oven holds saucepans wrapped in tea towels.

A long piece of folded cardboard strategically placed through the front of the gas fire stops the metal 'blades' from vibrating. (Stupid design!)

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
We are genius aren't we!

I throw the grill pan on the bed, and for everything else I use the non slip stuff, nowhere near as thick as bubble wrap but does the job superbly.

However I am on the look out for that there expanding polysterene criss cross stuff to put my glasses in :wine: cannot do plastic wine glasses!

ta muchly
xx

Try a fruit and veg shop their fruit arrives packed in those mesh things. Ideal for glasses//BUSBY...

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Our new ( to us ) van has those foldy out venetian blind types things in the cab windows ..
The surrounds they are housed in creak and rattle constantly.. Not overly loud but enough to be intrusive in what is, apart from those noises, a very quiet ride.

Oct 20, 2013
South Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Yes
No rattles in ours, except when some idiot leaves a baking tray in the oven.
Stopped 4 times on the way home - to silence the rattle - before I realised what was making the noise

Hymie

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 29, 2013
Essex
Funster No
MH
Classic Hymer B564
Exp
Since 1981
1991 2.5 TD fiat, can't hear anything above the engine noise. :clap2:

Hymie.