Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
The sun is shining and you have a spare weekend, What will you do with it, well if your not going out in your motorhome shame on you.

What you could do instead, following on from another thread re spare wheels,

Check your spare,check your jack, and check your tools, as boring as it may appear practise changing a front and rear wheel at home, better to find out there you can't do it than on a motorway, and you RV drivers out there have you got all the tools you need, you may think you have, I know one or two who have been caught out by the special tool reqd on some, and UK tyre companies or fitters don't carry the RV tools either, it could be a very expensive lesson
Geo

L

Lindy-C

Deleted User
Very valid post Geo :Smile:

One observation I would like to make though.........

.............. Its not like you to have your sensible hat on at this time of the morning, there has to be a joke in there somewhere but I'm blowed if I can find it! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
Geo

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Lindy, those two new Monaco's I ordered from you____________ Cancel one now for that remark:ROFLMAO:
We might as well get a plug in here do you keep the little tools for the RVs,referred to, that no one seems to carry:Sad:
Geo

L

Lindy-C

Deleted User
None in stock unfortunately but can be arranged in time for Newbury :winky:

Shall I cancel the tow-along sauna too? :roflmto:

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
The sun is shining and you have a spare weekend, What will you do with it, well if your not going out in your motorhome shame on you.

Check your spare,check your jack, and check your tools, as boring as it may appear practise changing a front and rear wheel at home, better to find out there you can't do it than on a motorway, and you RV drivers out there have you got all the tools you need, you may think you have, I know one or two who have been caught out by the special tool reqd on some, and UK tyre companies or fitters don't carry the RV tools either, it could be a very expensive lesson
Geo

Top tip Geo.
I did this on my RV & by the time I had finished I decided that no way would I change a wheel on a busy main road :Eeek:
As one gets older you have to accept that the RAC have younger & fitter guys to do these jobs :thumb:, you juast have to bite the bullet & pay for the service. :Sad:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

moandick

Free Member
Jul 28, 2007
Landrake, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Euro-shed
Exp
40 +
We got caught out in Ireland with a flat tyre - and no wheel brace! Nor did the garage have the correct size either - in our case it was an old 1½ AF (33mm) socket.

Luckily a nearby tractor/forklift dealership had one which I managed to buy off of them.

Most important thing after that was a 6ft length of scaffold bar to use as a lever on the end of the socket handle!!!!:thumb::thumb:

Thepips

Trade Member
Sep 26, 2007
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
:thumb:

Geo

Just because I had to drive 100 miles each way from Newark to Telford to buy the box spanner there's no need to rub it in!
I was gobsmacked when the tyre fitter didn't even bother taking the wheel of the RV. Just two biggish tyre irons and the tyre was changed in 5 minutes flat!:thumb:

Regards
Doug

OP
OP
Geo

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
:thumb:

Just because I had to drive 100 miles each way from Newark to Telford to buy the box spanner there's no need to rub it in!
I was gobsmacked when the tyre fitter didn't even bother taking the wheel of the RV. Just two biggish tyre irons and the tyre was changed in 5 minutes flat!:thumb:

Regards
Doug
you'd have been better orf with an inflated one:Doh:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back