Top Places to Visit in the UK (When this is all over” (1 Viewer)

May 23, 2013
Not on the Coast East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B504
Exp
Since 2013
We had planned a month in Slovenia and Germany this year which is unlikely to happen so we have started to think about touring the UK this late Summer if we are able too and wanted to get some ideas of the best places to visit in the UK apart from the obvious Lake District etc.

So where would your go to places be when we can start travelling again ?

Last edited:

klaatu

Free Member
Aug 10, 2013
Vienne, France
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Since 2014
So many fantastic places to go in the UK, it's hard to know where to start. Northumberland is lovely and often overlooked. In Scotland, similarly, the south west is brilliant and people often shoot past on their way to the highlands.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
orridge
May 23, 2013
Not on the Coast East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B504
Exp
Since 2013
So many fantastic places to go in the UK, it's hard to know where to start. Northumberland is lovely and often overlooked. In Scotland, similarly, the south west is brilliant and people often shoot past on their way to the highlands.
We were thinking of Northumberland not an area we have ever been too and kind on enroute to my sisters in Skye.

Caggsie1

Free Member
Sep 2, 2013
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2008
My favourite places, but for different reasons
York-my go to town about 2 hrs away from us in North Wales
Bristol- great spot backing onto the marina. Great for the balloon festival in Aug.
Wales -coast
Barmouth
Llandudno
Porthmadog- black rock where you can drive into the beach.
Anglesey
betws y coed
just a few for you to get your teeth into.

Nasher

Free Member
May 6, 2016
Pontardawe
Funster No
MH
Pug Boxer
Exp
Since 2013
Don't come to South Wales, places like the Gower, Brecon Beacons, etc, all absolutely horrible ?

Not really - South Wales is absolutely stunning - I live here out of choice

I'm just trying to keep the roads empty?

This is just an ordinary beach in this neck of the woods - there's a better one just up the road (yes really)

download.jpeg

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
Parts of Cornwall, but stay away from the tourist traps, Lands End , St Ives, Padstow and such.

Truro, Falmouth, Mevagissey, Looe, The Roseland Peninsular, Perrenporth , Gwithian, Minnack Theatre, all good to go, plenty of history too.

Jun 8, 2019
Bexley Kent
Funster No
MH
Given up Motorhoming
Exp
May 2019
Haverfordwest to see my new great granddaughter. Then in 2021 Fuengirolla to see my sister. Haven’t seen her for 7 years ?

Apr 12, 2012
N/E Lincs
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Rienza
Exp
as above
We have bookings for an air show and a proms concert if they go ahead. We had thought of heading to the Gower afterwards As we will be half way down the country anyway.
We weren’t going abroad this year any way until we had settled into both of being fully retired now. We both like the NE so perhaps in that direction at some time.
Just being free to roam again will be a good start.

denisejoe

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 6, 2014
Warden isle of sheppy
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2004
I just want to be able to be free to travel. Don't mind whether it's here or in France but suspect we'll be limited to here if we're able to get away at all this year.

May 7, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2003
Sweden seems very relaxed about things, anyone know a teleport spell to get there?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back