Top gear folks (1 Viewer)

Jan 24, 2010
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Since 2007
Oy taff I know you're a closet Top Gear fan no point denying it :xwink: and why you trying to butter up the the pc brigade?
Come the revolution they'll suss you out mate and you'll be up against the wall with the rest of us. :xdoh:
Time to goto specsavers ya old fart!!!!

I was responding to the 'forestboy for pm' bit...but thanks for proving my point:p

OP
OP
tofo
Oct 1, 2007
Kirby cross further from londin
Funster No
MH
Between Motor homes
Exp
since 08
Good wern it:notworthy2::RollEyes:

And I enjoyed it

Me I washed up with bare hands and fairy liquid
Then made bread
Clears out under the nails a treat
Didn't notice any differance
I like whole grain bread :reel:

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Simples when I have been machining or doing something with gunge I wash my hands with a good handcleaner then when they are reasonable mix a bit of bleach in water and scrub with a fine nailbrush. You could shake hands with the Queen after. Just do not make it too strong and it does have a slight smell but they are clean.
Vaseline rubbed well in then very hot water and soap does it for me.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 28, 2007
Funster No
Interesting and nice scenery but to me it is 3 little boys that need to grow up. We are paying a licence fee for them and a support team of 31 yes 31 others to go and play games and wreck cars, time to pull the programme I think

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Interesting and nice scenery but to me it is 3 little boys that need to grow up. We are paying a licence fee for them and a support team of 31 yes 31 others to go and play games and wreck cars, time to pull the programme I think
Haha, your joking. With the £ millions it brings in I don't think so. There's plenty of other channels to watch if you don't like it though which is good.

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
Was a good one, but the ending was genuinely scary...

And those who think the license fee funds this, its the other way round, this show subsidises the license fee payers. It is one of the biggest income generators for the BBC.

Oct 26, 2014
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral Supreme 680st
Exp
since 2001
Then there would be even less on the tv, yes it's daft but better than that other crap, get me outa here, crap factor etc!

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
It does show you that we know what we like and vote with our eyes, 5th gear died a death because we didn't watch it.

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
Where they are now (Calafate), we were, 6 years ago today!! Happy memories!
I reached there 6 years ago on 4 January!! And absolutely loved it... Hope to visit again around this time next year.

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
Missed the second part, I'll have to catch it on Iplayer. No matter what people say about JC, I think he is still a good presenter, the 3 of them interact well together, the viewing figures are proof.
But, I don't tend to worry about their private lives or what others think about them, it's just good telly, a rare thing these days.
I don't understand people spending so much time to have a pop at others that don't share their views.
He is a self proclaimed petrolhead, as are millions of others worldwide.
Here's a funny story.
In 2005, we went to Glastonbury. In the Greenfields area, there was a display sponsored by Greenpeace Wateraid and Oxfam. There was a Range Rover with a picture of JC in it and you could throw wet sponges and abuse at him. They made out he was single handedly ruining the planet by his use of 4x4's.
That would be funny, if every vehicle transporting the various acts about, and also sponsored by Greenpeace, Wateraid and Oxfam hadn't been brand new Land Rover Discovery's, not to mention the acts who came in by helicopter.
Hypocrisy? Nah.
Allan

robarb38

Free Member
Mar 8, 2014
Merseyside
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
"since 1984"
Well it was reassuring to know that if I snap my track rod end off completely in the middle of the Andes mountain range in 10ft of snow with nobody around for hundreds of miles in an Mustang V8 I can weld it back together and carry on with my extraordinary journey, must be possible because Richard Hammond did it all on his own xroll:

Jan 24, 2010
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Since 2007
Well it was reassuring to know that if I snap my track rod end off completely in the middle of the Andes mountain range in 10ft of snow with nobody around for hundreds of miles in an Mustang V8 I can weld it back together and carry on with my extraordinary journey, must be possible because Richard Hammond did it all on his own xroll:
Cigarette lighters in them yank cars are bleedin hot...designed to light them big cigars, so a track rod end should be no problem:xThumb:

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp

:xrofl::xrofl::xrofl::xrofl:

You are joking right
Probably BBCs most profitable program.:xdoh:

mariner

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2013
Isle of Dogs, but mostly Artola Spain.
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
Since 2007. But no more.
I don't think anyone ever said that they didn't have a support crew, or ever tried to make you believe that they didn't.
He may well have welded the track rod end himself.
No one would ever attempt what they do, without proper support, and the Insurance people would not allow it.
It's good entertaining TV and I for one thank them for that.

TV Hell for me would be having to watch dreadful programmes like "Mrs. Browns Boys" which are a clear example of how low TV can sink.
Never thought the BBC would sink that low, Channel4 yes, ITV maybe, but not the BBC.

:cooler:

mjltigger

Free Member
Nov 12, 2014
Trowbridge
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota Max
Exp
Fwiw I love top gear and Mrs Brown's Boys..

I watch very little tv and am selective.. I'm sure much of the stuff people who don't like TG watch would bore me to tears.. but I'm glad there is enough choice for everyone to be happy.

Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Loved it, don't care if it's staged or not, for me it was entertainment that I could watch with Nick and my 3 adult children. It remains very popular here and abroad, lots of countries have their own versions. If viewing figures drop programs get dropped eg Crimson Fields(only 4.4 million viewers), boo hoo, I loved that as well. There are lots of things I don't like so I have a foolproof solution, I don't watch them!

Sep 16, 2010
Bungay Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail TrackerEKS
Exp
Since 2010
Plenty of channels out there folks.. I like TG and find JC amusing, clever, bombastic, overbearing, intelligent, articulate, ignorant, rude Non PC and bloody interesting to watch.
And hasn't Captain slow got quicker !!! They have done some Epic (( albiet staged)) shows and amuse a lot of people across the globe.. Good luck to them..
The only bit I don't like is the car football, wanton damage !!! But of course,, I would like a go.... !!!! Mitch..

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
They are naughty boys, and I'm afraid I've always had a soft spot for naughty boys. I do think Top Gear has got a bit formulaic lately but, for sure, I will not watch Mrs Brown's Boys or Citizen Khan, X factor, I'm a Celebrity or any other rubbish!!!

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
I flicked through it.

Amazing thing 1 - Clarkson has morphed into Shifty.

Amazing thing 2 - I assume they carried and used well, an up market quadcopter.

Do think they have learned their lesson yet or will they continue upsetting people until one of them gets killed ?

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Plenty of channels out there folks.. I like TG and find JC amusing, clever, bombastic, overbearing, intelligent, articulate, ignorant, rude Non PC and bloody interesting to watch.
And hasn't Captain slow got quicker !!! They have done some Epic (( albiet staged)) shows and amuse a lot of people across the globe.. Good luck to them..
The only bit I don't like is the car football, wanton damage !!! But of course,, I would like a go.... !!!! Mitch..
The number of peeps watching and talking about this prog is staggering, long may it live.

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
One thought though is the power of the internet. During the shown footage there wasn't that many people about but then there were mobs of hundreds waiting for them in the two towns shown, how did they know?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back