Jan 28, 2008
Gloucester
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
14 months
Hi we have a Bessacarr 725E which came with a top box on the top of it.We will
never use it,just wonder if any-one knows if it would be best to get it taken off?Think
my hubby said its bolted to the roof.Just wonder if its wise to take it off,as if we wanted to sell it anytime,would it go against us,the repair to the roof?. We are assuming it is slowing us down, and maybe causing us to use more diesal. What do you all think??

Bye for now,
Maureen :Smile:

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
Hi

If you are sure that you will never use it, personally I would rather take it off. It is bound to be causing extra drag and over time will add to your fuel costs. On the other hand it depends how well it is fixed, they can if fitted well be quite a problem to remove, as they are often stuck as well as screwed. Sometimes it's best to leave well alone and find a use for it.

Dave:thumb::thumb:

bigfish

Free Member
May 20, 2009
Eastleigh, Hants
Funster No
Exp
8 years, but had caravans & Tents before that
Had one on a 2lt petrol AutoQuest once. REALLY made a
big difference to consumption / performance when we
removed it.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi we got 31 mpg before the box and 27 mpg after :Eeek:plus 10mph off top speed. By that I mean she used to fly up to 85 then steady build up to 95 ish ,now fly s up to 75 then steady build up to 85 / 90 ish.
If you are not using / go to use it take it off and do a good repair ,it will not knock any value off ,but you could always refi it come sale time and no one would be any wiser :ROFLMAO:
terry

OP
OP
P

purdo4

Free Member
Jan 28, 2008
Gloucester
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
14 months
Hi

Many thanks for your help,have passed comments on to hubby get him to have it checked out at our local repairs, see if it will be easy to remove, then we will.With Diesal on the way up again it will be cost effective i hope.

Maureen :thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back