Free Member
Jan 28, 2016
London
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I'm a newbie
Well I did it! Bought my first motorhome over the weekend. Its a Compass Avantgarde 100 (2002 model). 4 berth with 4 seats. Its in really good nick by the looks of it and it survived the drive home and to the storage place with no problems!

Have booked a couple of nights away next weekend close to home just to do a test run and work out how everything runs and then it will be put to regular use from End of Feb onwards.

Nervous as I've never owned one before, and second hand is always a bit nerve wracking, but hoping it all goes smoothly.

If anyone has any experience in this model or anything similar, any tips/advice would be greatly appreciated :)

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
welcome animated smiley.gif

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Welcome to Fun.

Just remember, no matter what. There's no such thing as a daft question.

Other than of course, "Why didn't I ask this question before"!!!

Upvote 0
Aug 15, 2014
Exiled in Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote 600L
Exp
Since 2006
Welcome from a dry cold Yorkshire :welc:
Living in London I assume that you are aware of the LEZ regulations. :Eeek:

Upvote 0

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Our first van was a 2004 Autoquest 100. Basically the same as you have so feel free to ask anything.

Also remember, we were all beginners once so there is no such thing as a daft question :D

Upvote 0
Feb 14, 2014
Ainsworth, Bolton, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2011
Welcome to the world of adventure that is motor homing
You will find this site invaluable and well informed on all matters to do with M/H
Enjoy your first trip the fun starts here :clap2::clap2:
Gary and Janet

Upvote 0

Phillybarbour

Free Member
Feb 2, 2013
West Lancs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout Revo.
Exp
Since 2010
Hope you enjoy it, most people never look back after their first van. However most people then decide the layout they now want having used a van if a different one to the one they have.

Upvote 0

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
We had a compass avantgard 56 plate for 2 years, only thing wrong was the water pump broke down after 3 weeks, no problem after that, fresh water tank in the wardrobe so didn't have problem with freezing up.
Had to call breakdown once as we used the engine battery overnight and couldn't start it, pressed the wrong button on the control unit, a lesson learned, never did it again.
Great little van fitted, into a car space at the supermarket and beach car parks, took it out a lot more to park at beach cat parks than we do now with our bigger/longer one.

Upvote 0

paul18

Free Member
Dec 16, 2014
Somerset
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
newbie, but was caravanner for 20 years
Welcome, we are into our second year motorhoming, and never looked back. Spent 62 nights away in 2015, far more than we ever did tugging, and much further afield as well! Enjoy!

Upvote 0

ianandkath

Free Member
Jun 4, 2015
spain/uk
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
2 years
welcome to fun, and as everyone says, ask all the questions you want, there her to help you , some may take the mick,

Upvote 0

Rooky Vanner

Free Member
Mar 23, 2015
North Nottinghamshire
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Kemerton
Exp
Since 1989
Good luck. If you read our posts you will see how much help we got. Started a year ago as a typical beginner and had everything wrong that could go wrong (I Think!?!?!?!?!?!?) Really helpful people on here who got me through our first year. Fantastic fun you will love every minute. We would now never do anything else and laugh as we pass hotels!!
Good luck and welcome

Upvote 0

Kait

Free Member
Sep 12, 2015
Kent
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer B584
Exp
About to start!
We picked our first one up four weeks ago and have used it every weekend since. You'll soon get used to it, but one thing I've started doing when I'm driving it is to always have the satnav on, even if I don't need directions, as it shows the speed limit. I found it quite daunting at first seeing a long line of cars behind me on a country lane, feeling I was holding everyone up, but when you know you're within the legal limit it takes the pressure to speed up away. I'd really had no idea how much over the speed limit most cars go!

Reactions: GJH
Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back