Too many tyre threads (1 Viewer)

Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2008 (started in a VW T4 campervan)
In recent weeks, the big long ad that runs on the right of the page, under Jim's shop ad, has more often than not been for ladies summer clothing. Mostly floaty summer dresses, but there is a rather nice bikini ad that comes up from time to time. I think it's the same shop, but can't say I've ever taken much notice - don't have much call for either product myself.

Today, I've got an ad for Bridgestone tyres. :whatthe: :Sad:

I'm not clicking on any more threads about tyres until Google gets my interests properly sorted out again. :Doh:

I can't think which threads could have been responsible for the original choices! :winky:

EDIT: Damn - this was supposed to be in the U Shaped Lounge.

Last edited:
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
I mostly get phones and gas, at this moment I have three different phone ads, and one autogas

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
TheCaller
Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Install adblocker :Smile:
What - and miss out on the pretty pictures? :RollEyes:

I have a pretty effective mental ad blocker. I don't know if Jim gets paid per view or paid per click, but I'm happy enough to ignore the ads on the off-chance it's pay per view.

If it's pay per click, then I'm afraid I have contributed absolutely zero.

I think it's only the top one that may follow your browsing habits. I suspect all the rest are direct links paid for direct to Jim.

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
In my case today it's the top one and the bottom-but-one, one. Ladies sandals LOL

Ah, just followed a link on another thread to Novatech and my sandals have changed to Gadget insurance from protect your bubble dot come.

(No thanks, I'd rather use a reputable insurer of my own choice LOL) (ie one I have heard of)

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Those adverts are served by google. Google knows what you like or what you have been looking for and tries to provide you with relevant adverts. If they get it right, the advertiser gets a visit from you. you find what you want and buy it, Google gets paid by the advertiser and by way of thanks Google pays us a penny or two (literally) for displaying their ad. If you don't want to see them there are plenty of browser addons that block them.

I cannot click on them as obviously its against the rules, but very often I want to as I find some adds interesting and pertinent, boring adds go unnoticed but clever one's intrigue me and I learn from them, so personally I would never block them unless bandwidth was paramount, but plenty do.

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
must have a visit to my local undertaker then I haven't visited any thing to do with death but I think I know who has :Eeek: dose she know something I don't:Eeek:

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
We get ads for satellite broadband.
I reckon its because our landline is useless!!!

Its been off for a week and now that Open reach are coming to look at it today, it has magically fixed itself, AGAIN!!!!!!:cry:

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Don't intend to keep this going but it's strange, mine have changed today to jet2 holidays, boden clothes( whoever they are) still got autogas and giffgaff nature pure also got daily telegraph as well, never had any connection with any of them, ever

OP
OP
TheCaller
Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
In recent weeks, the big long ad that runs on the right of the page, under Jim's shop ad, has more often than not been for ladies summer clothing. Mostly floaty summer dresses, but there is a rather nice bikini ad that comes up from time to time. I think it's the same shop, but can't say I've ever taken much notice - don't have much call for either product myself.

Today, I've got an ad for Bridgestone tyres. :whatthe: :Sad:

I'm not clicking on any more threads about tyres until Google gets my interests properly sorted out again. :Doh:

I can't think which threads could have been responsible for the original choices! :winky:
Yay !!! She's back. ::bigsmile:

I've obviously been surfing the right sites again!

Still getting the Bridgestone tyre ad between times though.

OP
OP
TheCaller
Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Rubber and ladies clothing...hmmm...
OMG - you will be accusing me of being an Old Mo disciple next! :roflmto:

Nothing wrong with a broad range of interests. :RollEyes:

... or to put it another way, nothing wrong with interesting broads. :Eeek:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread