Too many batteries? (1 Viewer)

Apr 9, 2013
Ayr
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Our electricity usage in our camper is very modest. A couple of strips of LEDs seems to suffice for lighting and that just leaves the water pump and Carver water heater ignition reliant on the batteries. I've no plans to get a TV.

The van came with 2x110AmpHr batteries and I can't really see the sense in carting both of them around. We've not tried being off hook-up for more than a couple of days but we intend to move around a fair bit so I can't see leisure battery charging being a big problem.

Would I be daft to remove one? We don't need the extra payload but I dare say it has a small impact on fuel consumption.

Tim

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
I certainly dont think its worth the hassle of getting a spanner out. Doing no harm, good back up if you ever need it and weight saving aint going to make a lot of difference..

FULL TIMER

Free Member
May 31, 2012
NORWICH
Funster No
MH
SELF BUILT IVECO 75E17
Exp
BEEN BUILDING THEM FOR 32 years
if you don't need the slight extra payload I can't see any point in removing one of the batteries, I don't think it would have hardly, if any impact on your fuel economy if you kept both in place.

OP
OP
timdownieuk
Apr 9, 2013
Ayr
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
if you don't need the slight extra payload I can't see any point in removing one of the batteries, I don't think it would have hardly, if any impact on your fuel economy if you kept both in place.

My bus is rather smaller than yours! :roflmto: It's an old Swift Sundance just a smidgen over 5M.

Tim

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
Pity you don't live nearer to me - I'm looking for a spare second hand leisure battery for an electrical project in my garden.

You definitely don't need the second one. If it was me I'd have the thing out and get it on eBay.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back