Free Member
May 7, 2016
La Châtre, Centre-Val de Loire France
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Low profile
Exp
Converted a Fiat Ducato PV a while back
That looks like the one in France I have been on several times. Hardstanding and grass parking. I recognise the view and the old farm machinery. If I am right is there barrier that leads to a small toilet block and if you follow the little road through the barriered off area leads to a lane then to a restaurant? Its where you get the jetons for the services.

If so its a great spot. Cant for the life of me remember the name without looking it up in the book.

OP
OP
ShiftZZ

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
That looks like the one in France I have been on several times. Hardstanding and grass parking. I recognise the view and the old farm machinery. If I am right is there barrier that leads to a small toilet block and if you follow the little road through the barriered off area leads to a lane then to a restaurant? Its where you get the jetons for the services.

If so its a great spot. Cant for the life of me remember the name without looking it up in the book.
14170 L'Oudon, France

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

treetops1

Free Member
Feb 25, 2013
yorkshire/ lincolnshire.
Funster No
MH
Sold last van-
Exp
a long time,since 1996
Hope you both enjoyed your stay David,Lorraine and Tilly lol.We feel the same as yourself and will not be rushing home just yet .Still got a bit more fishing to do and a few more sites to visit . Harry&Shirley xx

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
Yes, yes, yes, but what about the food?

OP
OP
ShiftZZ

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
Hope you both enjoyed your stay David,Lorraine and Tilly lol.We feel the same as yourself and will not be rushing home just yet .Still got a bit more fishing to do and a few more sites to visit . Harry&Shirley xx
Thanks Harry keep my watch dry when your fishing.

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
I am not a fan of France, but I know lots of people are.

Where am I going wrong and what part of everything closing willy nilly and it being really boring am I missing?

Pia

Free Member
Jan 16, 2017
staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral Supreme 680ST
Exp

Where am I going wrong and what part of everything closing willy nilly and it being really boring am I missing?

The food is delicious and different...if you like delicious and different food:D the wine is excellent and cheap as chips or not...depending on your taste and pocket...the scenery is wonderful and the weather delightful.....the aires are amazing...the roads are virtually traffic free....diesel is cheaper...the people are really friendly...the shops stay open late....the campsites are fantastic......what's not to like(y)....go on open your mind and your heart...you can enjoy it if you want to:)

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
The food is delicious and different...if you like delicious and different food:D the wine is excellent and cheap as chips or not...depending on your taste and pocket...the scenery is wonderful and the weather delightful.....the aires are amazing...the roads are virtually traffic free....diesel is cheaper...the people are really friendly...the shops stay open late....the campsites are fantastic......what's not to like(y)....go on open your mind and your heart...you can enjoy it if you want to:)

Nah, it's miserable and the food and wine are hugely overrated.

As for the weather :rolleyes:

Give me Spain any day and every day.

Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009

Your biggest problem, young man, is that you haven't yet developed a phlegmatic disposition. Your only hope of achieving this state of mind is through early retirement:D2

End of week should suffice.;)

138go

Free Member
Feb 26, 2016
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2001
IMG_0082.JPG

The clouds look a bit black and full of rain think we will stay where we are for a bit longer ..

Last edited:
Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp

I love both. Happily this contraption is fitted with wheels so I can and do both on a regular basis. Spain last week, France this week in fact my only cloud is that its m25 on saturday!
Jon

Pia

Free Member
Jan 16, 2017
staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral Supreme 680ST
Exp

I agree about Spain...always lovely to reach Spain we celebrate every time......but France is very gorgeous and we love the food (home cooked of course way too expensive to eat out in France mainly because they charge an arm and a leg for the wine:(and we couldn't possibly eat with a bottle of wine to accompany) but the vegetables are fabulous (very nearly as good as Spain but more expensive)fruit is good to (not quite up to Spanish standards but better than UK) but epensive. Still love France but not quite as much as we love Spain (despite their dreadful current behaviour with regard to Catalonia)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back