Tonight's dinner party (1 Viewer)

Feb 26, 2013
Pinar de Campoverde, Spain
Funster No
MH
Giottiline T60
Exp
Since March 2013
One of the things I miss most when in the Motorhome is my big range cooker and all my kitchen gadgets. To make the most of our few weeks at home I have arranged 3 dinner parties with various friends. Tonight is the first and I have had a really enjoyable day in the kitchen although I have licked so many bowls I don't think I'll be able to eat much later!!
Tonight's menu is:
Starter - red onion and goats cheese tart in a thyme crust on a bed of rocket
Main - salmon steaks with a crunchy topping of breadcrumbs, lime zest, parsley and whole grain mustard, served with creamy leeks, fine green beans and new potatoes.
Dessert - White chocolate mousse topped with raspberry coulis and a rich dark chocolate cheesecake served with homemade amaretti biscuits and fresh cream.
All washed down with some very nice Rioja we bought back from Spain for about €1.99 a bottle!!
Might have to do a long bike ride tomorrow to burn that lot off :wine::party::rofl:

big map

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 8, 2009
Poole
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
One of the things I miss most when in the Motorhome is my big range cooker and all my kitchen gadgets. To make the most of our few weeks at home I have arranged 3 dinner parties with various friends. Tonight is the first and I have had a really enjoyable day in the kitchen although I have licked so many bowls I don't think I'll be able to eat much later!!
Tonight's menu is:
Starter - red onion and goats cheese tart in a thyme crust on a bed of rocket
Main - salmon steaks with a crunchy topping of breadcrumbs, lime zest, parsley and whole grain mustard, served with creamy leeks, fine green beans and new potatoes.
Dessert - White chocolate mousse topped with raspberry coulis and a rich dark chocolate cheesecake served with homemade amaretti biscuits and fresh cream.
All washed down with some very nice Rioja we bought back from Spain for about €1.99 a bottle!!
Might have to do a long bike ride tomorrow to burn that lot off :wine::party::rofl:
You should go on come dine with me that menu would definitely be a winner

filopastry

Free Member
Nov 11, 2013
london
Funster No
MH
littleun
Exp
newbie and learning every day
Except for the Rioja YUM YUM , have had to place a face towel on my keyboard to stop my dribbles shorting out the computer

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008

Kids have just got back with take-away, and we are having lots of DUCK nice crispy Duck.
We are eating a handful of hot gravel tomorrow night........luxury....... (Said in Yorkshire accent.;))

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 1, 2007
Kirby cross further from londin
Funster No
MH
Between Motor homes
Exp
since 08
Just showing me dragins up

Toad in the hole fick gravy
curly kale peas and the obligatory onions to go with sausages

memsahib had peas
Daughter had brokalalie
To go with theirs and a little mashed potatoe all round
:wink::wink::Smile:

grasscutter

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 11, 2009
East Wittering. West Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis i588
Exp
Started in 1980
Walked 70 yards from the front door and caught my dinner.
image.jpg

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
I am not a fussy eater ( I say) but I wouldn't fancy the first 2 courses.

the Rioja and pudding look good though(y)

OP
OP
Coolbeanz
Feb 26, 2013
Pinar de Campoverde, Spain
Funster No
MH
Giottiline T60
Exp
Since March 2013
Oooh er, have woken up with a slight headache. Menu went down a treat but was followed by rather too much red wine. Just had to get up and take some ibuprofen!! :doh: Our guests loved the salmon topping so much they asked for the recipe, always a good sign :clap2:

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
You're lucky
We have to eat our gravel cold because we don't have a fire (said in Yorkshire accent)
We had it tough........ 126 of us living in 't shoe box in 't middle of 't road........

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Gravel! Where we used to live it was all concrete and you had to break it up with your teeth before you were able eat it. (Cumbrian accent) :)

Steve

LIFE MEMBER
May 8, 2013
Compton Berkshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
on and off for 40 years
We in the affluent south only eat the best cuisine (said in Royal Berkshire accent) Donners with lots of chilli source

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
We in the affluent south only eat the best cuisine (said in Royal Berkshire accent) Donners with lots of chilli source
I love it when you talk dirty like that, Steve. I'd kill for a good chicken schwarma......

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back