Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
This is my last bike Beta Evo Factory 300, after 25 years of riding mostly on the expert route the bikes keep getting better.
Have seen most of the top riders and a fair few are up themselves, Dougie and Steve Saunders are the best mannered riders that I have seen.
Would have been interesting to be able to compare the older riders with Bou on the same old bikes wonder how they would compare?

View attachment 139710

I am sure they would still be brilliant on the day. I have watched a lad called Alexz Wigg ride an old Villiers powered bike. (I know round the other way.) But he rode it stunningly. Alexz is a class rider whether he is on a old bit of heavy iron or a modern Pongo.

Class shows through in either direction in time. (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 17, 2016
South Coast
Funster No
MH
White One..
Exp
3 years….
I am sure they would still be brilliant on the day. I have watched a lad called Alexz Wigg ride an old Villiers powered bike. (I know round the other way.) But he rode it stunningly. Alexz is a class rider whether he is on a old bit of heavy iron or a modern Pongo.

Class shows through in either direction in time. (y)

I use to know him when he was about 12-13 him and his dad use to ride the Bognor club events sometimes, you could see he was something special then.
It's a shame that he did well in the juniors but never made it up in the adults..

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
@PhilG @Enword
The bike in the first pic was a Seeley Honda bought it off Mick Ash up in the midlands after he finished the Scottish 6 day on it. Really nice bike but had a tendency to snap frames on the big hits.:(
The one bike I really wish I'd kept.

post-1310-1134826183.jpg

I had one of those, brilliant bike and I also wish I hadn't sold mine. What a wonderful thing hindsight is but then we would have garages full off bikes, like the 1998 DR650 and the Sym HD200 scooter and the XT250.

OP
OP
Enword

Enword

Free Member
May 20, 2014
Devon
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Race van conversion for years

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 13, 2014
Leeds - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
40+
Still got my Honda RTL Rothmans it’s absolutely immaculate and dare I say better then new. Unfortunately l only gaze upon it my riding days are over.

I too have seen Bou and Raga at events but sadly the Sport is dying there are no up and coming riders and the skillset these riders have in what they do at Indoor Trials etc are so high they don’t attract new blood into the sport, additionally,Trials at ground level doesn’t compare. It’s never been a Spectator sport, only at indoor events do you get crowds or possibly a world round go to a Trial Event and you only see friends,family,enthusiasts that have or have had a connection.

I rode for so many years alongside the greats at SSDT, Manx 2 Day, every National throughout the country they were the best times and I met some fabulous people.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back