edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
just about to update my tomtom 720:Doh:
[HI]wish me luck[/HI], im going in:cry::ROFLMAO:

Hi Chris, my 920 is essentially the same apart from route updates which I don't bother with.

When I last updated mine I lost the ability to select different alerts for "traffic Cameras" amongst others.

So I wish you luck ole' mate, :thumb: it worked perfectly before I updated it. If anyone knows where I've gone wrong please announce to the world what a total 'muppet' I am on here or pm me.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

lesleyjean

Free Member
Jun 21, 2008
Funster No
MH
A class
I have to say that in the not too distant past,

I purchased a very expensive top of the range all singing Tom Tom.
When I got home I plugged it into my computer and started to try to update maps and to see what POI's were available.

Don't know what I done but immediately lost my speed camera POI. :cry:

I get really annoyed with myself when I cannot sort things out for myself.:cry:

Now I have a Tom Tom app on my iPhone and it is so easy, I just update my app and all is well.

Very happy with this app and it has so many different features.
Navigate to a contact, photo etc
I love it::bigsmile:

tick59

Free Member
Dec 25, 2007
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
"Since 2005"
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:So I wish you luck ole' mate, it worked perfectly before I updated it. If anyone knows where I've gone wrong please announce to the world what a total 'muppet' I am on here or pm me.

POPEYE YOU ARE A TOTAL MUPPET!!!!

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
A couple of days ago, we at long last got around to updating our Tom Tom Go 700 which is 6 years old. We had never used the co-ordinates as we did not even know we had them.

We phoned Tom Tom up via their web page and received so much help and patience from them they fully updated the Tom Tom for us ran through and explained everything we were not sure of. Explained to co-ordinate setting.

They did it nearly all with out us having to do much at all nothing was to much trouble and the next day they rang us back to make sure everything was alright.

If any one is having any problems I would not hesitate in getting in touch with them direct. Now we should be alright for next years adventures.

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
I have the old 700 and cant fault it. The memory is huge and its surprising what you can put on it when you know what your doing. TomTom suport is second to none,I have the greatest of praise for them.

beachcaster

Free Member
Dec 18, 2010
east sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
a few years
If any one is having any problems I would not hesitate in getting in touch with them direct. Now we should be alright for next years adventures.

carol thats good to hear...........I could never even find a number let alone
talk to someone .if you emailed them they took ages to get back.

Sounds like a change of strategy..........to put right the one thing they used to be damned for.......so its good news.

I do like my tom toms......... a 700 and a new XXL

barry

Jul 1, 2010
SW Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 588 DL
Exp
Since September 2010
Updated my 730 making a back up first, now unusuable just cycles through some of the menu's on its own, back up didn't work its 18 months old so out of warranty and totally useless:Angry:

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
We have a tomtom 900/910? some time ago after updating the item it went loopy loo, rang them and found them very helpful , mentioned that the cradle it sat in could have corrupted it when I updated it, they sorted it out online in terms you could understand and I received a new cradle in 1 day F.O.C. , thankfully no probs since :thumb::thumb:

now I have jinxed myself :Doh::Doh::Doh:
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Updated my 730 making a back up first, now unusuable just cycles through some of the menu's on its own, back up didn't work its 18 months old so out of warranty and totally useless:Angry:

Ours was certainly out of warranty 6 years old, give them a ring, with your computer on and tom tom pluged in I am sure they will try and sort it out for you, if you have not set up a account set one up before you get in touch.

Telephone number for Tom Tom 0845 161 0009

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
If like me you are a tad adverse to 0845 numbers the 'normal' one is 020 7387 5444

Select Option 1 from the 1st menu and press 0 (zero) at the next menu when you are given options to log an issue with TomTom. You are now put through to the same menu that the 0845 number reaches.

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
My 700 was about 6 years old when I connected it to a non TomTom charger and blew it up. I contacted TomTom and they sent a package to put it in to send back to them. I expected a serious bill for repairs but was surprised and delighted when a brand new TomTom arrived FOC. Cant fault them at all.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back