Free Member
Jul 11, 2017
Walsall, West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Marquis Majestic 135
Exp
7 months
I purchased a Majestic 135 in January 2017. I was having trouble with the radio not receiving DAB radio and in April my local Peugeot dealer replaced the unit. It is a unit built in the dash and is radio/sat nav/phone/media all in one unit.
Last week I went to Tenby south Wales and I noticed when on the M4 at least twice the sat nav screen showed me off the motorway and in the midle of nowhere and instructions telling me to turn where there were no junctions. Also I noticed at almost every island junction the unit instructed me on screen and verbally to leave at junction and then re-enter motorway from the island junction. Has anyone else had this on the M4? I don't know if it can just be some sort of interference or does it need updating (after 4 months). The same thing happened on the return journey on the M4.
Does anyone have any ideas what could be the cause of this?

Sep 25, 2009
south yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2004. Tugger 10 years on and off
Probably needs updating. My old one does the same.I remember when I bought mine some new bits of road were missing.Mines too old to get new maps.I keep looking at new ones but to be honest I don't rely on it. As long as I have a idea where I'm going it will do
.Try updating and see what's new

OP
OP
Robert Crouch

Robert Crouch

Free Member
Jul 11, 2017
Walsall, West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Marquis Majestic 135
Exp
7 months
Thank you Masman for your reply. I will update. I have had a look and i'll have to purchase a 8g memory stick first (I did look on sat nav about updating and it said I need 8g memory stick, would not use 4g which I have).
I do have a Garmin sat nav with lifetime updates which I used when caravanning, tempted to use that.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
I had a Garmin that used to take me off the M25 at a junction near Gatwick and put me back on at the same place,I got wise to it and ignored it,I believe it was something to do with the traffic updates on it.

Happy1

Free Member
Jan 30, 2017
Wales
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
12 years
Thank you Masman for your reply. I will update. I have had a look and i'll have to purchase a 8g memory stick first (I did look on sat nav about updating and it said I need 8g memory stick, would not use 4g which I have).
I do have a Garmin sat nav with lifetime updates which I used when caravanning, tempted to use that.

Did you manage to get this working properly? Have same problem as many on forum

Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
My tomtom on my phone started something similar when I planned routes, then I remembered Id set a walking route the day before.
So if you get strange instructions check you haven't got it in walking or cycling route planning.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Happy1

Free Member
Jan 30, 2017
Wales
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
12 years
Given up now and removed unit from van, new unit working fine, guy that installed said they vary in quality, looking on google there are literally hundreds of GPS antennas to choose from.

May 16, 2014
Ammanford
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend
Exp
since May 2014
Can't think that there have been any changes to the road or its layout on the part of the M4 you would have used from the midlands to Tenby so I can't see it as an updated maps question.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back