Free Member
Sep 30, 2007
Staffordshire Moorlands
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2006
As most owners will know getting the device to stay stuck on the window is a problem. If you have a van with the map clip on the front of the dash try the following. Get a CD or DVD preferably one you do not want to use again.:Doh:Clue the Tomtom sucker to the CD. This will then easily clip under the Map mount holding your Tomtom secure and provide a good view.:thumb:

Aug 1, 2007
Billingham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2003
Good one, the sucker thing on my Acer fits under the clip without any additional fiddling.

Ralph

OP
OP
Sweet Chariot

Sweet Chariot

Free Member
Sep 30, 2007
Staffordshire Moorlands
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2006
So will the Tomtom but only just and so when you travel over uneven road surfaces sometimes it pops out.:Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Ian T

Free Member
Mar 20, 2008
NR19 NORFOLK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt and Hightop
Exp
MHomes and tugging =40 yrs
Tom Tom

Being a newbie on here, I have enjoyed reading the Forum pages. So much useful information. I realise that this is a fairly old thread, but I just want to leave a comment in case it is of use to anyone. I had problems with the TomTom falling off the glass, and spurred on by comments that the mark on the glass could invite unwelcome attention, I turned to the idea of using Velcro Squares. A block of 6 on the dash, and onto the back of the TomTom seemed to hold the unit in place firmly and was not shaken loose. I did wonder if the heat from the sun :Eeek: through the windscreen may effect adhesion, but never had any problems......or hot sun :ROFLMAO: When not in use, the Velcro on the dash could be used for something else not important, to cover it.
Keep smiling, Ian T

MicknPat

Free Member
Dec 16, 2007
Touring UK
Funster No
MH
39ft American A class RV
Exp
Since Oct 2007
We bought one of these to use in the RV

Link Removed

If I stuck the TomTom onto the RV's front windscreen I would need a good pair of binoculars to read it :roflmto:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
We have a slightly different solution based on a tip from another forum.

I bought a Smartprice clipboard from Asda (69p if memory serves) and stuck the mount onto it at the RHS. The LHS (where the clip is) holds our note of vehicle dimensions which used to be clipped onto the dash.

The clipboard is then clipped into the one on the dash. The cable from the Tom Tom can be led under the clipboard clip to keep it out of the way. See pic.

Graham

Attachments

• DCP_0025s.jpg
    DCP_0025s.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 83
OP
OP
Sweet Chariot

Sweet Chariot

Free Member
Sep 30, 2007
Staffordshire Moorlands
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2006
I have glued my Tontom screen holder to a CD this then clips under the clipboard holder works great cost nout.:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back