Free Member
Aug 11, 2012
gosport
Funster No
MH
Rapido c class
Exp
20 yrs
Is it possible to download french aires on a tomtom go 400 and can it receive speed camera warnings without using a mobile phone to connect

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
yes and yes, but dont have speed camera warnings enabled in France its illegal and you will get fined

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
but you can have safety warnings which are legal so im told funnily enough they seem to correspond with speed cameras

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 3, 2008
Pakefield, Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp
Go 400

Contrary to earlier advice,. If this is the new Go 400 it is NOT possible to add you own POI data. However, you can save an address in "My Places"and navigate to it when you wish.

Anyone thinking of the new 400.500.600 would be well advised to visit the apple forum and think seriously about these devices. For example you cannot input GPS locations to navigate to, you cannot change map colours, you cannot input your own POI and the list of cannot's goes on. Don't get me wrong I am a Tomtom fan and I love my 1005 but I think the nw units with less functionality are a backward step. Even dedicated users on the Tomtom user forum slate them and there are many who are returning the divices to stick with their old ones.

No doubt Tomtom will sort this out as some point, but for the moment..................

Last edited:
Jan 3, 2008
Pakefield, Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp
Tom tom

Just something I forgot. Again, contrary to earlier advice, Tomtom satnavs with speed camera warnings ( any model) do NOT give camera warnings in France because it's against the French law. Tom tom have changed their software to give you a "danger zone" warning which is legal. You would notice the change from camera to danger zone warnings as you drive into and out of `france. There is no need to turn off and warnings on the device.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back