Tomtom and POI limits (1 Viewer)

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Being a new toy I got a bit carried away adding POIs , literally hundreds of categories are available, from ATMs to Wifi, CC sites, CLs, low bridges, speed cameras, France passion etc etc etc .. but when I started to look for them on the maps some weren't showing up. :cry:
I couldn't understand it, TT had plenty of memory left and when I looked at the TT files they were definitely there.. what was wrong ?
Then I discovered that TT has a limit of 100 categories, no matter how much memory it has .. :Doh:
That may sound a lot, but when you put in low bridges it uses one category for every height from 6 ft to 15 ft with 3" increments .. that alone = 36 :Eeek:
Speed cameras and speed limit warnings etc which all come pre loaded use up a lot .. possibly another 50 or more .. so it was back to deleting the 'nice to have' and keeping the 'really useful', being more selective with bridge heights and 'safety' cameras in order to free up some space for the 'really really useful' like MacDonalds :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: (only kiddin)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back