Scrubnuts

Free Member
May 11, 2008
Lomba do Rei Portugal
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
I am now living in this wonderful country and having been an enthusiastic motorcaravanner for several years i thought you would be interested to learn that the municipal campsite in the centre of Tomar is now reopened after a lengthy closure.
The campsite is near to the river Nabao which runs through the town and is ideally placed for sightseeing this historic and pretty place.
I`m afraid directions are a bit sketchy at the moment as the aproach to the campsite appears to be from the Rua Fabrica de Fiacao owing to narrow streets and a one way system.
I will endeavour to update you with better directions and sat nav coordinates when i go into town again soon.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    201.7 KB · Views: 35
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    198.8 KB · Views: 33

Phil10

Free Member
Oct 15, 2009
Dorset
Funster No
MH
L P Coachbuilt
Exp
8 yrs
Spent 2 nights there in March, half price discount 5 euros per night, lovely sight and interesting town.

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
There is also a nice aire behind the big church with a public toilet close. Nice separated pitches so the other vans are not able to get toooooo close, ::bigsmile:

We stayed there last year but it's too religious for my liking. It is however worth at least one visit as it is quite different to any where else we saw.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Myfanwy

Free Member
Jan 2, 2009
Cheddar Somerset
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
nine years
Tomar Campsite/Aire

Hi Keith:thumb:
Have just come into Spain from Portugal. I believe you have mixed Tomar up with Fatima!! We stayed at both places. Fatima is the one with the spacious aire and toilets. From the front of the church it looked like a mini vatican - am I right?

At Tomar we stayed on the campsite which is in the centre of town. As reported previously by Phil it a great little site (don't tell too many people about it though). We asked before leaving if they were doing a discount next winter and apparently they are which is good news and good value. Directions to the campsite are well signposted through the "new" part of town, we found it easily without a TomTom. (I find these so irritating, I usually end up arguing with her and turn it off)!

Myfanwy

OP
OP
S

Scrubnuts

Free Member
May 11, 2008
Lomba do Rei Portugal
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
Have just come into Spain from Portugal. I believe you have mixed Tomar up with Fatima!! We stayed at both places. Fatima is the one with the spacious aire and toilets. From the front of the church it looked like a mini vatican - am I right?

Myfanwy

You are quite right..Fatima is the portuguese Lourdes........and stay well away from there in May as the pope is making a visit and you won`t be able to move for worshippers.

lavieyuca

Free Member
Jul 22, 2009
North of Spain
Funster No
Exp
we were there last Easter holidays and I agree with all of you. It's small, clean, cheap and into the village. It's very well signposted.
Yoli

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003

Myfanwy

Ooooops you are right, another senior moment marked up to me. :Doh: They don't even sound similar do they. :Blush:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back