tom tom (1 Viewer)

Oct 10, 2019
royston
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Could some one help with a phone number to talk to a real person at Tom Tom please , or a email address as I have paid nearly sixty pounds for map update and can not download it to a memory stick , it keeps telling me to connect Tom Tom to the pc , that is difficult as it is a radio sat nav. Have been going round in circles for days on Tom Tom site, at nearly 84 years young and not very computer literate it is not good news.

I2C

Feb 2, 2015
Northamptonshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Since 2000
Not something I’ve tried but Tom Tom seem to say you need to prepare a usb stick for the downloads on the radio first and then connect that to your PC.

No idea what model radio you have but a search on google/bing for that model should give you some advice.

This is what I found: https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/ar...device-for-map-updates-for-Uconnect-Radio-Nav

in a Seat car it has the maps on an SD card which you can update in the glove box, not sure if that’s an option for you.

Upvote 0
Sep 26, 2013
Market Rasen
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2003
I have never liked built in sat navs for that reason, however I have free updates on my Tom Tom so I just connect it to the home wifi and off it goes. Is it possible to connect your radio to your home wifi and do it that way.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
G
Oct 10, 2019
royston
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
May have wrong one as it does not give me option for memory stick , i did prepare memory stick first , think i have lost sixty pounds through lack of knowledge and unable to contact them for refund, thanks for all the advice.

Upvote 0

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
I hope you can get your money back from customer support. I didn’t bother to try and update the inbuilt Tom Tom and bought a garmin with life time updates for less than £80. I sit it on dashboard on a weighted non-slip base from amazon. I find it easier when being passenger/navigator to lift it nearer to me to set or reset whilst on the move.
Not really lifetime updates as they be limited by the size of inbuilt memory.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back